Z-Wave rgb broken after last update

This seems to be my issue and Im not sure how to resolve it:

(homeassistant) homeassistant@hassbian:/srv/homeassistant/src/python-openzwave $ make update
git pull
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'python3'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
Makefile:264: recipe for target 'update' failed
make: *** [update] Error 1

Might need different steps with hassbian. I don’t use it so probably need to find someone who has more info with it, sorry.
I’m just on a standard OS X box and am able to do the normal *nix commands.

Have you tried doing the clone to an empty directory?

had to reinstall OZW entirely but now Im on the proper OZW and its working. that was a PITA!

Okay, I try to reinstall Hass.IO.

After a fresh reinstall of Hass.IO the Bug is still there.
Can’t change the color of my Fibaro RGBW Controller.

2017-05-14 13:59:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1015, in _event_to_service_call
    yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 248, in async_handle_light_service
    yield from light.async_turn_on(**params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/zwave.py", line 321, in turn_on
    self._color_channels & COLOR_CHANNEL_WARM_WHITE or
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'

I had the same error, but turns out this was a symptom if the fibaro rgbw controller behaviour being fixed.

You have 6 entities, light.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_level_3_0 though to 3_0_6 (the 3 will be different for you).
Each of these is a colour, with 3_0 being all.
It used to be that you could do a colour pick on all entities, by setting 3 octets e.g RGB[255,255,255] for RGB all on.
now instead you can only do this on 3_0, and the remaining entities should be toggled just using brightness.

tbh this makes more sense than the original configuration.