Z Wave wall scene controller

Does anyone have any recommendations for an in the wall zwave scene controller?

Insteon makes one: https://www.insteon.com/wall-keypads

But I am trying to rid my house of Insteon.

Inovelli switches are working great for me. They have a way to shut off the relay so the load is always on, but the buttons send scenes.

Is there a particular reason you are limiting yourself to z-wave? The beauty of HA is that it combines so many technologies.

You can use an android/iOS tablet, a touchscreen attached to a pi or an esp8266 host, this HA SwitchPlate - DIY LCD Touchscreen wall switch replacement and many other options.

@nickrout That looks like a very cool solution! Unfortunately I don’t have a 3D printer.

The reason I was looking for something more conventional is that I have non tech people visit my home on a regular basis and I don’t want to go through the effort of training every person on how to turn lights on or off.

I personally use Alexa for as much as I can. Why would I grab a tablet when I can just speak the command. I feel like Tony Stark! :slight_smile:

But Alexa doesn’t work for others because they say the wrong thing, say it too fast, too slow, with pauses, etc.

They routinely get frustrated and say “why does this have to be so complicated”.

That’s why the Insteon switch is appealing; it has simple buttons I can label.