Z-Wave/Zigbee USB Stick?

I have got the dual zwave and zig bee stick and configed in HA… Zwave shows up and under domains zha/permit shows up but after that i cant get it do anything …trying to pair it with this…https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ceiling-Fan-Thermostatic-Remote/dp/B01GVZRHGC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496597628&sr=8-2&keywords=hampton+bay+universal+ceiling+fan+thermostatic+remote

@russell just wondering if you got anywhere with adding support for the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote? I’d love to see it supported!

2 Likes

@gurase Did you ever figure out this problem?

No I didn’t unfortunately. I switched back to the Hue hub for other reasons - Hue lets you create a light group that can be controlled with a single API call. With groups in HA, bulbs in the same group would respond at different times.

This might solve the issue I’m seeing with my bulbs, thanks for that tip! I noticed that sometimes, one or two of the bulbs are randomly delayed when turning on the three living room BR-30s. I thought I was doing something wrong this whole time.

More info on LightGroups: https://home-assistant.io/components/light.hue/

LightGroups differ from Rooms - a bulb can be in multiple LightGroups but only one Room.

Also this page says you can create both LightGroups and Rooms with the Hue app, but I had to use the API to create my LightGroups.

1 Like

Did you ever have any luck? I have the same issue where I do the zha permit thing but then nothing happens. Not sure what else to try.

A big problem: after this log , the HA stucks needs to restart to control the devices.
2017-12-15 06:43:04 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=8 command=1 args=[[]]
2017-12-15 06:48:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 181, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1031, in _event_to_service_call
yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/init.py”, line 271, in async_handle_light_service
yield from light.async_turn_on(**params)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/zha.py”, line 105, in async_turn_on
duration
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py”, line 284, in request
v = yield from send_fut
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 331, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 244, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 244, in result
raise self._exception
bellows.zigbee.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED
2017-12-15 06:48:13 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-12-15 06:49:46 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-12-15 06:50:40 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.access] Error in logging

same issue here however I notice that the logs just stop generating when this issue occurs.

Noob here. I’m setting up HA with the GoControl Z-Wave QuickStick Combo USB stick mentioned by the OP, but there is something fundamental that I may have missed:

in the configuration.yml file the entry:
zha:
database_path: /home/hass/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

this folder does not exists, and neither is the .db file. Do I have to create a user ?

how do I create the .db file ? I’m getting a python error that sqlite cannot open the file (it doesn’t exist). Do I need to create it manually ? sqlite3 is not installed, so do I need to install it ?

thanks for your help.

@Argoson just point to your actual configuration directory and leave teh db part there, it will get created when you restart home assistant.

are you referring to the same folder where configuration.yml is ? also, do I need to install bellows ?

yes same folder as configuration.yaml and no don’t install anything…just follow the instructions on the page, it really is that simple.

Wlll do. thank you!

Hi Folks,

I have the same combo stick. I got the Z-Wave portion working, at least I can see the stick’s information. Regarding the Zigbee portion, looking at Devices I see the Z-wave device, but not the Zigbee one. In Integrations, there is a ZHA integration but it “has no devices”.

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 4, do I need to edit the config.txt to expose the port? I can see USB0 USB1 and AMA0 in the console log.

Basically the question is "How do I enable the Zigbee portion of the GoControl CECOMINOD016164 HUSBZB-1 USB Hub?

Thanks,

Ambidexter

Hi,

I fixed this. I had had another USB1 device I was playing with for Insteon…which didn’t seem to work. But I left the definition at the bottom of the configuration file. Removing that and restarting, I was able to discover devices…the one switch I’d installed. So I should be able to deploy more sensors on zwave and switches and plugs on zigbee!

Thanks!
Ambi