Z1-Mini zigbee development board

Added Zigbee RFID tag reader project to Cookbook:

Good work!
Any chance you can share the Gerber and silkscreen files?
tindie.com will not ship to Norwayā€¦

Sorry, added Norway. It where excluded by mistake

Added new rev.B with USB connector:

3 Likes

Cool! Ordered three ones. Do you know about other firmware than ptvo? Seems like you would need ā€˜premiumā€™ (paying like 7 euro/device) for developing support for new sensorsā€¦

Hi, you can find other examples (provided with free firmwares) here and here.
PS: iā€™m not related in any way to PTVO. I use his great firmware configurator (that is free for most of the applications) and others, but iā€™m only an independent hardware engineer. I designed Z1 mini to let myself and other people to easily build own zigbee devices :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @gt4020,
Do you have any plans to release a version with the E72-2G4M20S1E (CC2562P) module from Ebyte?
Would be a real improvement even for an end-device not only for a router or coordinator.
Thanks.

Yes, maybe in the future .

I just found the Z1 while googling for ā€œzigbee development boardā€, and I would like to thank you for your efforts! I have ordered one unit and will see what I can do with it.

Some months ago, I have built a basic sun-sensor using a photo-resistor on a esp32 board, which communicates with my home assistant via MQTT. Although it only reads new sensor values every 2 minutes and otherwise deep-sleeps, and only connects to WiFi/MQTT when the value changes for a given amount, I only get it to run for approximately 1 month on battery, which is way too low.

I was hoping that when using zigbee and a smaller board designed for less energy consumption the results would be better. Plus I like the idea to make zigbee devices.

Did you maybe meanwhile add support for sleep modes & energy saving? Do you have any user experience for battery usage?

These devices use the ptvo firmware, which has a premium version which includes battery support https://ptvo.info/zigbee-configurable-firmware-features/premium/

I see :thinking:

yeah exactly. I have mixed feelings about that. On the other hand writing your own firmware is not exactly easy, esphome for a zigbee chipset would be excellent.

Well, Iā€™ll give it a shot. All together its gonna be like 30ā‚¬ for the board + premium. Almost the price of some commercial sensor, but well.

Hi. Tindie.com is out of stock do you have any other place. I need 2 for test and if all works fine other 50.
To Colombia ā€¦

@gt4020 is this project still supported, if not could you release the gerber files for the model B and the ISCP adapter?

I want to make a lux meter that I can power from the USB

Out of stock since April 2022 :frowning:

Is there a valid alternative?
Iā€™d like create a small ZigBee device and I need of a ZigBee board for it.

Would love to see another production run of these, I too am wanting to make the move from Wifi based ESPHome devices to ZigBee.

Could be an option: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/digi-international/XB3-24Z8US-J/8130939

As seen used in this Temp/Humid/Pressure Sensor: Xbee3 Zigbee Outdoor TE MS8607Press/Temp/Humid Sensor - Wireless and IoT - Electronic Component and Engineering Solution Forum - TechForum ā”‚ Digi-Key

Total guess though I have not tried or deeply looked into it yet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005947775652.html

1 Like