Z2M add-on not starting

This is what it says now

I cannot read all of that as you seem to have for some bizarre reason photographed a screen instead of copying and pasting. What’s more you have cut off a lot of the screen.

So you need to ‘pass-through’ that port to your docker container.

For some reason I can’t copy from the proxmox vm console

I think I can see what the problem is, although it doesn’t make sense to me. Every time I try to fix this I realize I lose my Zigbee network on the other coordinator passed through to a different VM where I’m running home assistant. I even unplugged it from the machine, disabled ZHA and tried to work with only one coordinator plugged in the machine. I still get an error that Zigbee can’t start because the directory cannot be found. I have tried passing through the device and passing through the whole port. Each time i get the same error. I can’t get why the directory is correct but it still says it does not exist. I don’t know if this is a proxmox thing but I have just about had it for now. using your original advise I have set up z2m as an add on on HA and I’ll stick with it for now until i figure out what is going on.

On the base proxmox, ie the debian install where you installed proxmox, what does ls -l /dev/serial/by-id say. If you can’t copy/paste from the web interface, ssh in with, say, putty. But whatever you do, no more pics of text please.

I suppose you mean the pve.
This is it:

root@pve:~# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
ls: cannot access ‘/dev/serial/by-id’: No such file or directory

I have now plugged in the sonoff coordinator. The Sky connect is currently in use in HA via the z2m add on. The Sonoff is not in use.
ls -l /dev/serial/by-id shows this:

root@pve:~# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 14 13:26 usb-Silicon_Labs_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_0001-if00-port0 → …/…/ttyUSB0

It is interestingly not showing my sky connect