Z2M devices dropping like flies!

Hello! I’m running the most recent version of Home Assistant OS on a Raspberry Pi 4 with USB SSD.

I’m using Zigbee2MQTT and a Conbee II coordinator connected to the Raspberry Pi with two to three metres of USB cable.

I have approximately 15 Zigbee router devices and over 20 sensor or end devices. These are spread across approximately 200 square metres on 2 levels. Most internal partitions are timber. Typical distance between Zigbee devices is less than five metres. The Map takes up to 30 mins to Load.

Until recently, I was getting along reasonably well with this setup but now an increasing number of the devices are going offline. These are mostly Sonoff Zigbee devices.

In addition, I have about 8 Meross MSS310 wifi plugs. These have performed very well for me over the last few years but recently more than half of these are losing their settings and will not reinstall.

I believe that these are two totally different problems but also wonder is there a common denominator?

I am perplexed by this. As anybody got any ideas as to where i might start?

My long- suffering wife is near the end of her tether and if I don’t resolve this fairly soon, I’m afraid I will have to pull the lot out. That would be a shame as I love this stuff. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Power issues in the Raspberry Pi? You might try running the Conbee (and the SSD) through a powered USB hub. Should be USB 2.0, though, not USB 3.0.

Lots of good advice here, if you haven’t seen it already:

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I have relocated the Raspberry Pi and the Conbee II to another part of the house and the situation has improved dramatically. My precious Home Assistant set-up has been given a reprieve.