Z2M - IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] Media Control v1.55

Oh I see, I thought I’d missed something built in :slight_smile: If you’d like to share it with me (PM if you like) I can take a look and see if there’s something I can do. Ideally I’d like the remote to roam to the currently active room even if the main room tied by the automation has been stopped but that might not be possible.

Updated the Blueprint with the latest grouped volume control changes.

I like what you set up better. That way, when I turn the TV on and the main Sonos is disconnected from the group, I can still control it with this remote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found the source of this problem:

LEGACY:

• False = toggle
  • True = play_pause

Ahh cool, glad you sorted it. IIRC that option should only be enabled if you need legacy behaviour in HA so unless a special case it should be false.

Small question, I’ve 2 of those controllers.
The strange thing is, both of the controllers trigger the ONE automation I’ve created. :slight_smile:

Is this a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Hmm, shouldn’t be a bug as you can only choose one controller for your automation. Perhaps you can share some more info about your set up? A screen shot of the 2 devices in the Z2M config and of the yaml of the automation?

Are both devices on 1.0.32 or 1.0.35 firmware and been re-added or initialised after the update? Also ensure that the legacy setting is set to false:

I only have one of these devices at the moment so can’t test myself.

Hi,

They are both on the latest firmware, 1.0.35. But the issues was already there on the previous firmware.

Legacy is set to false on both controllers,
Here is my automation:

description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Shawsky/z2m-ikea-symfonisk-gen2-e2123-media-control.yaml
  input:
    remote: 55d7528a2e97b2b066bffc2403c91440
    media_player: media_player.woonkamer
    single_dot:
      - service: media_player.media_stop
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.woonkamer
      - service: input_select.select_previous
        data:
          cycle: true
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.sonos_favorites
      - service: scene.create
        data:
          scene_id: before
          snapshot_entities: media_player.boekenkast
        enabled: false
      - service: media_player.volume_set
        data:
          volume_level: 0.6
        target:
          entity_id:
            - media_player.boekenkast
      - service: tts.cloud_say
        data:
          entity_id: media_player.boekenkast
      - delay:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 1
          milliseconds: 500
      - service: scene.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: scene.before
    double_dot:
      - service: media_player.media_stop
        target:
      - service: input_select.select_next
        data:
          cycle: true
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.sonos_favorites
      - service: scene.create
        data:
          scene_id: before
          snapshot_entities: media_player.boekenkast
        data:
          volume_level: 0.6
        target:
          entity_id:
            - media_player.boekenkast
      - service: tts.cloud_say
        data:
          entity_id: media_player.boekenkast
      - delay:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 1
          milliseconds: 500
      - service: scene.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: scene.before
    volume_steps: 35
    single_dot_double_press:
      - service: script.sonos_favorieten
    double_dot_double_press:
      - service: script.sonos_favorieten
    double_dot_long_press:
      - service: script.sonos_woonkamer_groeperen
        data:
          volume_level: 0.07
        target:
    single_dot_long_press:
      - service: script.sonos_woonkamer_groeperen
        data:
          volume_level: 0.07
        target:
mode: parallel
max: 10

Thx !!!

Thanks for the detail, most of that looks ok to be honest. However, your devices are not reporting battery level in Z2M which suggests they’re not added correctly/configured correctly.

Try removing them and re-adding - keep pressing a button on the device whilst it re-joins the network as they can be a bit temperamental (at least mine was on 1.0.32 f/w).

Ah strange, every button works.
Will try to re-add them correctly :+1:

I’ve tried that, no difference.
Also tried to remove the automations and start over, but no luck…

Also still a question mark on the battery, even if I click the buttons while interviewing… strange

Hmm I might have to pick up another one to test out. Bit weird you can’t get the battery status though, it does suggest something isn’t right in your setup but what I’ve no idea.

Just an additional thought whilst I wait for another device to arrive. Are your speakers grouped?

My second controller arrived today, I was able to replicate the problem and have updated the blueprint to fix it. If you refresh it should work fine now :smiley:

Thanks for highlighting the problem.

WOW thx man! Can I buy you a beer? :slight_smile:

I still have the same issue…
2 automation / 2 controllers but every one triggers both automation

I’ve removed the blueprint and re-add it, but did not fix the problem

Nice blueprint! :wink: I steal this and build my stuff based on that :grinning:
I do not use Sonos speakers anymore, replaced them with LinkPlay devices to build whole house speaker system.
If I may to make a suggestion, I think to make the blueprint more versitile and allow for volume control not only when the speakers are in the group, but also if you want to use a single speaker you can add an if statement in the volume control section and if ‘group_members’ is null, then change volume only for one speaker and if it is not null, then do the fancy repeat thing that you came up with :wink:
Then the blueprint will be even more available for people with only one speaker etc :wink:

Hmm what are the names of each controller? Is that them in your screengrab? To address the correct automation it builds the message path from Z2M and determine if an action has occurred it will look for the following:

zigbee2Mqtt/Sound Control/Action

Where zigbee2mqtt is the base topic name (default for me) and Sound Control is the name I’ve given to one of the buttons I have. Your controllers need to have different names in HA.

Edit to add: All automations using the blueprint do get triggered whichever E2123 device you press a button on but assuming different controller names only the correct one will actually do anything. The reason for this is the way a device is selected ( I prefer this method over having to add a device id etc) and monitoring of topics - the building of the full message above is used as a filter before any action is taken so whilst all of them run only the correct one completes any activity.

Let me know as I would like to get this sorted. Definitely working for me :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks :smiley:

The if isn’t necessary at least for Sonos as the group is populated with the single speaker even if you only have one.

I hope that all media players are consistent but I suspect that isn’t going to be the case and perhaps why you mention it? Certainly would be easy fix if needed.

Hi man,

Sorry it is fixed and working!!
All automations using the blueprint do get triggered, that’s why I thought it wasn’t working :slight_smile:

Thank you man!