Z2m problems

I finally got it working.
These are my settings:

i threw my stick away.
was using ZHA for a week with the sky connect and now changed back to Z2M
now it is working

1 Like

Hi
I have the same problem and the same config.
Can you share what did you do to fix it?

I finaly got it to work…
I uninstalled z2m, and manuelly removed z2m folder

And started over
My setting that got it to work

data_path: /config/zigbee2mqtt
socat:
  enabled: false
  master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777
  slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
  options: "-d -d"
  log: false
mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  server: mqtt://xurip:1883
  user: urusr
  password: urpass
serial:
  port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  adaptor: ezsp
frontend: true
advanced:
  pan_id: GENERATE
  channel: 11
  network_key: GENERATE

I have sonoff dongle-P

mqtt://localhost did’t work so try the ip address of ur mqttbroker

2 Likes

Are you sure you disabled ZHA?

Error: Reset error: Error: {“sequence”:-1} after 2000ms solved by deleting the folder on the advice of @tsa3000

removed Zigbee2MQTT
deleted zigbee2mqtt folder via samba \config*zigbee2mqtt*
install Zigbee2MQTT

this is what my config looks like

data_path: /config/zigbee2mqtt
socat:
  enabled: false
  master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777
  slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
  options: "-d -d"
  log: false
mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  server: mqtt://core-mosquitto
  user: mqttpas
  password: mqttpas
serial:
  port: >-
    /dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITead_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_88ae74d558d9eb11b9dc158e6fe9f4d9-if00-port0
frontend: true
3 Likes

Hi all. I had the same Problem when i changed my Coordinator Stick to a Sonoff ZBDongle-P/ZBDongle-E (same issue with both variants).
Solution was:

• uninstall zigbee2mqtt
  • uninstall Mosquitto
  • disable ZHA
  • delete folder /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/zigbee2mqtt
  • delete file /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/zigbee.db
  • delete folder /usr/share/hassio/addons/core/mosquitto
  • reinstall mosquitto and zigbee2mqtt

Every settings are lost but i spent so much time trying to fix this issue that it was worth it…
Your file/folder pathes can be different according to your HA installation.

Hmm just got my Sonoff stick today and ran into this issue. Deleted the Mosquitto and Zigbee2MQTT folders, .db file, uninstalled/reinstalled, but still getting the same error. :frowning:

alright I was able to get it to work. I updated the Sonoff firmware and then removed the " adaptor: ezsp" from my config and now it’s magically working. (I had only added that after 20 attempts or so :laughing: )

I was having the same issue, for me it was caused by the host OS: linux - Unable to use USB dongle based on USB-serial converter chip - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

brltty was preventing from the Zigbee USB dongle to connect properly, I removed it completely and it solved the issue. I was even able to restore a backup from my old pi (using the same dongle) without having the re-pair everything.

In my case it was easy. I just had to physically disconnect and connect the sonoff usb stick.

My problem started about 2 days ago, reseating the USB worked the first time. But now nothing helps. I tried changing the configuration and then search for brltty, but running HA as a VM, so it does not seem to have this. I would very much like to avoid reinstalling.

Have you checked that the USB stick hasn’t changed ports? ttyUSB0 and so on. Try using /dev/serial/by-id

yes USB is still on the same port, and i also did the write test from the Z2M site, test -w /dev/ttyACM0 && echo success || echo failure. Which works fine.

What errors do you get ?

[14:57:15] INFO: Preparing to start…
[14:57:15] INFO: Socat not enabled
[14:57:16] INFO: Starting Zigbee2MQTT…
Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Loaded state from file /config/zigbee2mqtt/state.json
Zigbee2MQTT:info 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Logging to console and directory: ‘/config/zigbee2mqtt/log/2023-10-03.14-57-17’ filename: log.txt
Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Removing old log directory ‘/config/zigbee2mqtt/log/2023-10-03.13-57-46’
Zigbee2MQTT:info 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Starting Zigbee2MQTT version 1.33.0 (commit #unknown)
Zigbee2MQTT:info 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Starting zigbee-herdsman (0.18.5)
Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2023-10-03 14:57:17: Using zigbee-herdsman with settings: ‘{“adapter”:{“concurrent”:null,“delay”:null,“disableLED”:false},“backupPath”:"/config/zigbee2mqtt/coordinator_backup.json",“databaseBackupPath”:"/config/zigbee2mqtt/database.db.backup",“databasePath”:"/config/zigbee2mqtt/database.db",“network”:{“channelList”:[11],“extendedPanID”:[221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221],“networkKey”:“HIDDEN”,“panID”:6754},“serialPort”:{“adapter”:“ezsp”,“path”:"/dev/ttyACM0"}}’
Error: Reset error: Error: {“sequence”:-1} after 10000ms
at /app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/uart.ts:299:23
at Queue.executeNext (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/utils/queue.ts:32:32)

You mention that you are running this as a vm, try deleting the usb device from the vm and add it again. Does the stick show up under Settings → System → Hardware? Like this:

yeah its USB0 in the proxmox, i have been running it like this for months, close to a year. no issues, maybe a whole reboot of the proxmox would do good.

So did a reboot help? To be honest I assumed you already had tried it :blush:

No it didnt :frowning: I tried stopping Z2M and tried activating ZHA, but it could not connect to the SONOFF either … so now i am thinking the SONOFF might be broken. but the write test to it worked, all kinds of a mess. Can i switch cordinators and still keep my configuration ?

Try reflashing the firmware. Read this in regards to switching coordinators.