Zehnder ComfoAir CA350 integration via serial connection (RS232) and MQTT

Hi,
I am new with HA and with this integration of CA350.

I am trying to get this integration running but I have a problem.
I added everthing as described here: https://github.com/adorobis/hacomfoairmqtt/wiki/Home-Assistant-Operating-System
After HA is started the shell command will be executed. At this moment I can see several values in the Dashboard but after 60 seconds I got this error message:

Error while executing automation automation.comfoair_script_start: Timed out running command: python3 /config/custom_components/ca350/ca350runner.py, after: 60 seconds >

After this no values are shown in the Dashboard. If I start the script directly via ssh (putty) everything works.

What I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Marcus

I believe this is due to the fact that shell_command is now timed out after 60 seconds and cannot be changed. Please join this discussion with author of those instructions, maybe he’ll be able to help:

Hi,

i tried to connect my ComoAir 180 just like you described in your picture.
But i always get a “Comm Error” on my ComfoSense.

Does the esp32 already be programmed, for this to be working? My esp32 is still empty.
I wanted to connect everything first, continue to control my ComfoAir 180 via the ComfoSense, and then program the esp32.

Hi hoermi93,

welcome here! Yes, you need to program the ESP first. The logic to proxy data is contained in the program itself.

Best,
Julian

Thanks for the info.
I´ll try my luck. It´s the first time I am programming a ESP32.

I solved the problem:
Modified ca350runner.py to:

os.system('source /config/custom_components/ca350/python3venv/bin/activate && nohup python3 /config/custom_components/ca350/ca350.py > /dev/null 2>&1 &')
1 Like