Zehnder ComfoConnect component

Me again . . . this is exactly my config, but still it won’t run.

What I noticed while upgrading pycomfoconnect to the newer version 20.1.1 is that it installs in the different folder than HA is trying to run it from.

All the HA errors are referring to: /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/

while installation actually lands into: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/

I do not know if it matters or not. Where from HA knows where pycomfoconnect is installed - is this in any of the config files?

I think I am going to give up on that - I am not smart enough to make it run.

Thanks all for help.

@Dominick
I also struggled to get it connected but a factory reset of the ComfoConnect LAN C to get the pin to 0000 did the trick for me.

Press the Factory reset button (4) with a paperclip for a few seconds until the Power LED (5) starts flashing. It’s apparently a tiny button so make sure you point the paperclip straight in the hole and wait for the flashing leds to make sure the factory reset has happened.

I’m using the HassOS 4.10 with HA 0.111.4 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 Gb.

Hope you get it working this way because it is a very nice integration. Thanks @michaelarnauts :slight_smile:

Hi all,

thanks for all the cool stuff here!

I managed to integrate my Zehnder Comfort Control and have access to all the sensor managed here.

However, as a newbie I am wondering how I can control/steer the fan speed, or more precisely the level (1, 2, 3) of the fan.
Unfortunately, I have no clue how to add these commands to home-assistant…

thank you
Sebastian

Manuel,

Thanks for the hint. It finally worked. Looks like PIN was changed and when I did a factory reset HA was able to connect to the Comfoconnect LAN.

I saw some extra sensors were added to the integration recently (like Comfofond ground heat exchanger, etc). Where do I find the list of those, so I can add them to HA?

Thanks for help and really nicely working integration!

HI, sorry to bump this, but having searched the community and Github repo, I really cant find the setup instructions for this CC in HA. Could anyone here please point me to that?
reason I ask is a Zehnder unit will be installed the coming months, and Id like to prepare :wink:

Am I right in supposing we can control the unit without external internet connection? Ive disgarded several other brands because they need their own Cloud server for connection, which is a no-go for me.

A simple Lan connection should suffice.

thanks for any hints on this matter.

You are right. It works locally, but it can also work remote (through their servers). You’ll need to buy an Comfoconnect LAN C also as a bridge between the CAN bus and your network.

thanks for confirming!
if it works locally, and I can reach my HA instance remotely, shouldn’t that suffice? I mean, my local HA instance can control the locally connected Zehnder unit in that case?

I understand for some Zehnder app I would need their server.

btw do they also have some hard ware device (compare a physical thermostat) to be able to push a button? so when all network is down, I can still control the unit. (asking here since the local supplier is not really into IOT…)

Mine came with a RF remote control that can be attached to the wall, I guess that’s standard delivered with the unit.

And you are also right a out the local/remote setup. If Hass can reach the Comfoconnect locally, you can control it trough your Hass remotely also.

1 Like

ok thanks Michael,

Only thing left to know now is how to install the custom integration… could you point me to the docs for that? this is a bit poor on instructions https://github.com/michaelarnauts/comfoconnect, especially for a Home Assistant OS user…

The component is included with Home Assistant, so you don’t need a custom component.

1 Like

I am truly sorry, completely missed out on that…
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/comfoconnect/
duh, :blush:

This might be interesting:
https://www.international.zehnder-systems.com/connected-products

Indeed, although I prefer a local solution instead of a cloud API. But maybe this opens the door for more detailed documentation about the protocol!

well sorry I just started using HA today (possibly) switching from another solution

Now I wanted to see if my Lanconnect C does work here …
but when I try to add the Integration for that I don’t get that one shown…

whats my misunderstanding there?

sorry for sure a total beginner issue … bear with me as a starter :slight_smile:

Hi,

This integration is not integrated in the UI of Home Assistant.

As stated in the documentation, you have to edit your configuration.yaml file and add the component there.

Baptiste

They Talk about a local and Cloud API. Also about Support with those Apis in a Video linked Here:

I have a Q450 + ComfoFond too. So I have the same issue with “Outdoor Air” being the Air supplied to the Q450.

@ chrisuki You assume that the “Current RMOT” ist the correct Outdor Air temperature. This is not correct. The RMOT is “Running Mean Outdoor Temperature”. Its a calculated value based on the history of the real outside air temperatured. Its used by the Q450 to determine the heating or cooling period and trigger the Bypass.

So this is not what we are looking for. Did you manage to identify the real outdoor air temperature?

Did no one solve the issue with the outside air Temperaturen being not available with ComfoFond?

Concerning RMOT, yes my post in now OLD, and in the meantime, I got the same information about the role of the RMOT temperature.
Also not more information on my side about the outside air temperature…

Any input on how to add the ComfoFond Sensors (Temperaturen, Pump on/off?)

In the app: The ComfoFond is at 100%, the real outside temperature is 2,5°C, the temperature after the ComfoFond is 5,1°C.