ZHA Coordinator migration CC2531 to Conbee II

I’m trying to go from a CC2531 to a Conbee II because I was told the Conbee should be able to handle more devices .

Now I tried to go the manual way and remove the ZHA integration and add it again choosing the Conbee usb. Right away it finds all my old devices:

But as you can see on my before and after pictures its not going well… I’m not keeping any of my old names or id’s

Before:

beforemig1

After:

after2

I’m also not able to add/reconnect any devices… It just keep searching even though the device is getting reset right infront of the conbee (and yes I have attached the conbee with an extension cord)

Another little weird detail is this - cant delete it…:

Clearly not the real coordinator:

What can I do ?

a CC2531 is a TI radio, but a Conbee II is not. Why do you expect it to work with non-TI radio ?

I just tried it … I really dont know anything about it.
I edited the post to keep the focus on the real problem
ZHA: CC2531 → Conbee II … How…

The zha map looks like this:

I have now tried to remove the zigbee.db and restart HA.

Now I only have the coordinator , as expected:

But I still cannot add new devices …

I tried with three different zigbee devices
2 different usb extension cables and two different usb ports on the PI .

apparently I had an error in my mariadb so I had to reinstall mariadb and now I’m able to search for devices using the conbee …

I am a noob to home assistant so please dont take my experiance with conbee II as gospal, but I ended up uninstalling deconz because it did not find anything it was fine in vnc (but being a noob I could not work it out quick enough) so I started from scratch with just ZHA and added all devices through that.

Hi @Richi_Bowzer , I am right now fully on my way re-adding all my devices from scratch like you did :slight_smile:

he he, as I said I am a noob, but everything seemed to add well apart from the £6.99 door sensors, got them added eventually (had to restart after each one otherwise it would just sit in discovery).

1 Like

As said here: ZHA: Migrate existing network to new coordinator? - #12 by tube0013

I only think there’s the long manual road when going from a TI to a conbee .