šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - Ikea 5-button Remote Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks

Hi,
I have played around with this blueprint and the Hook Light blueprint.
Iā€™ve also just read the docs but Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦
I successfully created an automation based on the main blueprint of this thread (Ikea 5-button switch, Deconz, LIFX bulbs)
It works fine : toggle on/off with the center button, increase/decrease brigthness with up/down buttons (single and long presses) all within the ā€œEPMatt/ikea_e1524_e1810.yamlā€ blueprint :ok_hand:

2 questions :

• I donā€™t know how to configure the white temperature cool/warm on the left/right arrows :thinking:
  • Would I need the Hook Light blueprint for that ? Because I havenā€™t had to use it so far so Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s for :man_shrugging:

Thanks for your help and/or any examples of such a scenario !

[EDIT] Nevermind, I figured out my mistake. I had badly configured the Hook.
Both brigthness and color temperatrure work :smiley:
Here is its setup :

1 Like

Hi @JeromeO, thank you for reporting here.

Would I need the Hook Light blueprint for that ?

Yeah, both color temperature and brightness control are integrated in the Light Hook. You donā€™t need to specify any custom action for that - just setup and link the two automations as described in the docs and youā€™re good to go. :wink:

Iā€™m happy to hear that you managed to properly setup this controller with the Light Hook.
Happy automating, and enjoy the blueprints! :smiley:

Ive been strugglede a lot with this now :frowning:

Ive set up the remote using zHa and that works.
I managed to get singel press working, but cant figure out double press and press hold functions :frowning:

Whould anybody be able to help me remotely to finish this :smiley: ?

thanks !

Hi @denperss, thank you for reporting.

Could you please share the YAML for the automation youā€™ve configured?
You can find it in the Home Assistant web interface by navigating to Configuration ā†’ Automations ā†’ Click the pen tool in the automation row ā†’ Three dots on the top right of the page ā†’ Edit as YAML.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

alias: Controller - IKEA E1524/E1810 5-Button Remote Gang
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: EPMatt/ikea_e1524_e1810.yaml
  input:
    integration: ZHA
    controller_device: feca8994b4aexxxxxxxxxxxxxx11e
    action_button_center_short:
      - service: light.toggle
        target:
          entity_id:
            - light.paere_s
            - light.paere_o
            - light.paere_d

Hi @denperss, sorry for the delay.

While configuring the blueprint you need to provide a valid input_text entity for the helper_last_controller_event input, as described in the Inputs section in the E1524/E1810 blueprint documentation.

You can find additional details regarding this mandatory input in the general Controller-Hooks Ecosystem documentation.

Please let me know if adding the missing blueprint input solves your issue.
Thank you!

Hey @epmatt, the blueprint looks really cool and Iā€™m eager to try it. Unfortunately I am not able to make it work with my E1810 Tradfri remote connected through zigbee2mqtt. Iā€™ve tried to a version of the basic script you provide in the documentation and removing the battery, but without any results.

- id: '1627203179409'
  alias: Controller - IKEA E1524/E1810 5-Button Remote - Dining room
  use_blueprint:
    path: EPMatt/ikea_e1524_e1810.yaml
    input:
      integration: Zigbee2MQTT
      action_button_center_short: []
      controller_entity: sensor.multiremote_dining_room_action
      action_button_right_short:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: light.bulb_dining_room

- id: '1627205359318'
  alias: Test automation
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.multiremote_dining_room_action
    attribute: action
    to: arrow_left_click
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: light.bulb_dining_room
    data: {}
  mode: single

The top automation does not do anything. But the basic bottom automation was able to turn on the lights. Do you have any idea how to improve this?

When looking at the trace back I see: ā€˜not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[ā€˜entity_idā€™]ā€™.

Hi @Denth,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Home Assistant Community Forum! :tada:

While configuring the blueprint you need to provide a valid input_text entity for the helper_last_controller_event input, as described in the Inputs section in the E1524/E1810 blueprint documentation .

You can find additional details regarding this mandatory input in the general Controller-Hooks Ecosystem documentation .

Please let me know if adding the missing blueprint input solves your issue.
Thank you!

Hello, Iā€™m trying to set up the button, but it looks like itā€™s not registering center button presses.

All other buttons work fine.

Hi @GleDel,
thank you for reaching out here. Could you please share the YAML configuration for the automation you set up with this blueprint?

Thank you!

Hi @epmatt , the problem went away after I reset the switch and re-added it to DeConz.

Thank you for the blueprint. Itā€™s very usefull.

1 Like

Hi, loveing this blueprint, works great for me.

Would it be possible to make this control more than one light entity? Useing the < and > buttons to cycle between light entityā€™s?

I am trying to use the blueprint and I get the following error

Stopped because an error was encountered at August 10, 2021, 1:39:12 PM (runtime: 0.01 seconds)

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']

I have Input Text set in the configuration.yaml file. I seem to be lost setting up the helper_last_controller_event. Any help or assistant is much appreciated.

Fixed it. Didnā€™t set the input text. Silly me :joy:

1 Like

Hi @GleDel,

thank you for your nice feedback, Iā€™m glad to hear that you find this blueprint useful. :slight_smile:
Happy automating and enjoy the blueprints!

Hi @msbc,

thank you for your nice feedback and the suggestion. This would definitely be a great new feature for the Light Hook. Moreover, the same concept could be applied to the Media Player and Cover hooks as well.

Weā€™re currently in the process of improving blueprints for existing controllers and hooks, and adding support for new devices. Iā€™ll let you know as soon as Iā€™ll start looking into this feature. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks! It works perfect.

I did no realize that the input_text was a mandatory requirement.

1 Like

Hi @Denth,

thank you for your feedback. Youā€™re right, documentation was a little bit unclear regarding that specific blueprint input. The issue has been recently fixed and docs now clearly state the text helper is required in all controller blueprints. :smiley:

If you still have any doubts or need additional guidance to setup your automations, Iā€™m here to help.
Enjoy the blueprints!

UPDATE: After removing a re-pairing my IKEA button devices, they starting working as expected again.

Yesterday while using HA 2021.11.5 the automations I created with this blueprint and the related hook were working fantastic. Iā€™m using the zigbee2mqtt settings

After updating to HA 2021.12.0 today, my automations are not working the same anymore.
Pressing the action button up, now results in the related bulb dimming.
Pressing the action button down turns off the light.

Pressing the left or right button used to change the colour temperature, now nothing happens.

Iā€™m seeing similar issues with the automations created from the E1812 and E1743 blueprints.
I donā€™t believe this has anything to do with these blueprints, I suspect that something changed ā€œunder the hoodā€ of HA that has caused this.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Iā€™m going to move my coordinator over to my test system and try it with ZHA and see if I have similar results.

1 Like

Great work, love your work!

Is it possible to map a button to switch default zigbee group< so I could fx double press middle button and the other buttons also switch the the ā€œnewā€ default zibee group?

Forgive me, but english is not my primary language.

1 Like

Great News!!! My 2 new IKEA E1524/E1810 TRƅDFRI Wireless 5-Button Remotes showed up today and Iā€™m loving one so far along with this blueprint and hooks.

Hereā€™s a question. Can I set 1 remote (and/or) button to control some lights with the other buttons. And also use the same remote/buttons maybe for volume controls depending onā€¦

For exampleā€¦
Double/single click a button = all other buttons now control a light. Not media
Double/single click another button = all other buttons now control media. Or a different light/s.
Conditionā€¦ Is that what those are called?

Is this already in there and I just donā€™t realize it yet?
And darn!!! Thanks for all your coding and information. Great work youā€™ve done.