Zha errors on 0.85 out of the blue

My zha devices have been working great for weeks now. I just decided to migrate my last device off of SmartThings which was a zigbee ceiling fan. HA picked up the fan and light separately and paired quite flawlessly.

However, I have 3 switches that have now all gone offline… I’m not sure if it’s related…

When I attempt a restart of HA, I just get “error in zha setup”… There appear to be some Python errors happening with the lights… (This fan light is my ONLY zigbee light, so maybe that’s why I never saw this error before?)

Anyone have any idea of what could be going on or how to resolve it? I can get logs if that would help… I just don’t know what I am looking for…

I don’t have a solution for you but I’m also having zigbee light issues for weeks while using HA 0.84.6 and couldn’t figure out why, or how to start troubleshooting. I would get error messages like these:

2019-01-18 21:33:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light.zha] light.living_room: Couldn't change brightness level: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED
2019-01-18 21:37:29 ERROR (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Failed to parse message (b'00120b0bd0d0d0d0') on cluster 6, because 208 is not a valid Status
    2019-01-18 22:14:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light.zha] light.living_room: Unable to turn the light off: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED
    2019-01-18 22:14:55 ERROR (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Failed to parse message (b'00170b0bd1d1d1d1') on cluster 6, because 209 is not a valid Status

Five minutes after getting these error messages, the lights suddenly start working again. I didn’t restart HA or anything. Go figure.

I think people are having similar issues in this post. I was going to mess with the entity registry until the problem resolved itself (for now). I hope you figure it out.

Just a heads up, I’m honestly not sure what resolved it, since 0.85.1 didn’t seem to show any notes on zigbee fixes…

But I updated from 0.85.0 to 0.85.1 and reloaded HA and my issues with ZHA seem to have gone away.

I know from looking at the release notes 0.85.0 has some light fixes for ZHA specifically. So you may want to consider upgrading as a fix for your issue as well.