ZHA Hue Bulbs restore state on power on

Note that the firmware on the lights devices need to support it and I read that only later released Philips Hue lightbulb(s) support it out-of-the-box while the previous lightbulbs hardware can support it but first need to be upgraded via OTA.

Hi - I’m assuming that the following configuration entities for my IKEA Tradfri lamp relate to this:

• Onlevelconfiguration
  • Onofftransitiontimeconfiguration
  • Startupcurrentlevelcomdiguration
  • Startuponoffselect

Is that correct? If so are these documented anywhere? I’ve only managed to figure out that the last one of set to On enables the light switch to turn on the light even if it was turned off in HA.

HA newbie here. I’m somewhat (read: very!) new to using HA and Zigbee. My gateway drug was two Zigbee thermostats. Now I want to do lightbulbs.

I currently use X10 modules extensively for lamp control, and one of the unique features of X10 is “local control”. If you manually flip the power switch on something controlled by an X10 module – like, say the pull chain on a table lamp – the module will turn on. (You can’t turn it off locally – just on.)

I need this minimal behavior if I move away from X10. It sounds like I can get this with smart light bulbs that can be configured for “on” or “toggle” after a power cycle. I.e., if I yank the pullchain on a desk lamp at least twice, then the bulb will come on. Am I right about this?

If I’m right, then which bulbs can I buy today (I’m in the US) that are fully supported by ZHA, and which implement this feature reliably?

Many thanks in advance!

Has anybody got this working Hue bulbs? The configuration drop-down appears for some other devices (Innr SP224) but not for Hue. My Hue bulbs are recognized as LCT16 with date_code 20161206. Not sure how to tell if the bulb supports this or not.
I tried copying the start_up_on_off value of StartUpOnOff.PreviousValue from the working device to Hue but it doesn’t take.

I setup the Hue Bridge v2 to check for software updates and it does not find any updates available. The Hue app also does not show the “Startup behavior” setting.

After a few hours, the Hue app found available updates. So now two bulbs are on 1.108.5 and the other two are on 1.50.2. (No idea why they don’t match.). Now the Hue app shows the power on behavior option, and I set it to “power loss recovery”. But after moving them back to Home Assistant, that option still does not appear, and they default to ON after power loss.

Did you manage to fix this for your Hue bulbs? This is a deal breaker for me to switch from Hue Hub to ZHA with generic controller.