ZHA - IKEA five button remote for lights

Just got my IKEA Trådfri remotes. Added one of them to ZHA, imported the blueprint but as with @utahguyiam above, my automations crash and disappear. Maybe I am not configuring it correctly or is there some errors in the code?

The error I am getting in notifications is this:

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

automation
Please check your config and logs.

The above notification is persistent even when I remove the blueprint. The log has the following:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:415
First occurred: 0:31:31 (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 0:31:32

Invalid config for [automation]: Failed to load blueprint: Unable to find frenck/zha-ikea-five-button-remote-for-lights.yaml (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 9).

I got mine working. I can’t recall exactly, but I believe it was either line spacing or missing a dash in one of the types, something like that.

I don’t believe your errors are the same as mine were though.

Here’s a copy of the code for my automation that’s currently working for comparison with the one I input above that wasn’t. The only difference that jumps out to me is that the “remote” field is moved to the top of the automation.

Sorry I’m not more help.

- id: '1610778535583'
  alias: Sarah's Lamp Remote
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: frenck/zha-ikea-five-button-remote-for-lights.yaml
    input:
      brightness: '50'
      remote: 4942298d2e0c05bfe11ff3cde2a50372
      light:
        entity_id: light.wife_lamp
      button_left_short:
      - type: toggle
        device_id: 5497e0650df499d296c2bbecac70b7be
        entity_id: light.master_bed_1
        domain: light
        device_id: d3b059839ebd2e213a1ba19cbead77d0
        entity_id: light.master_bed_2
        domain: light
      button_right_short:
        device_id: 63bd466f607e1a1c09f6a5c272409102
        entity_id: light.john_lamp
        domain: light```

Hey @utahguyiam,

Thanks for replying and sharing your code. It seems that my remote is not registering correctly and that may be the problem.

Quick question. Do you get data in Developer Tools when listening to zha_event and clicking the remote’s buttons?

Sorry for the slow response. Yes, I do get zha_event data. If you’re not, try re-pairing.

My experience with these remotes is really hit and miss. I’ve had 4 in total. 2 didn’t work right from the jump and got returned after a couple weeks of pulling hair out to troubleshoot them. Of the 2 I still have, one works flawlessly. The other one gobbles batteries (like fresh to dead in under 2 weeks), works intermittently even with fresh batteries, etc.

In general, I find Ikea’s Smart devices a little lacking. Their bulbs have a weird color range (something like 1900k-4000k when most are 2700-5000k), their remotes are unreliable, and everything is hard to pair. I keep a handful of Ikea stuff on my network because it is a good repeater for Xiaomi Aqara stuff, but aside from that purpose, I have other budget brands I prefer for pretty much everything.

I set up my remote with this blueprint and now the remote battery only lasts 2 days or so. Does anyone know what might be going on?

I needed to change “move_with_on_off” and “move” args value from [0, 84] to [0, 83] to get press and hold Dim up/down working

This is brilliant,

I just grabbed one of these remotes and set it up in no time with my family room lights. Think I might have to pick some more of these up for other rooms :grinning:

Anyone else having battery issues?
I set mine up on Tuesday and between then and this morning the battery dropped to 60%

Does anyone else have performance issues on a Raspberry Pi 3? Adjusting the brightness is basically non-functional for me, since each brightness step takes several seconds to react. Not sure if this is a hardware limitation or not.

Can I use this blueprint for automations with z-stack 1.2. or does it need to be ZigBee 3.0?

I’ve downgraded to 1.2 and it still works great, for anyone wondering in future. Thanks for the blueprint. Great work. Exactly what I needed.

Sorry if this was covered and I missed it somehow, or if this is a ridiculous question that I should already know but…

I’m running a HUSBZB-1 controller. I was under the impression I could only use ControllerX (which is awesome BTW) for using these Ikea remotes.

We’re remodeling our kitchen now and about to add Tradfri lights. Wondering if I can integrate with Blueprints or if I still need to go the ControllerX route.

I’m using them with the HUSBZB-1. Seems to work fine. I’m also using Tradfri outlets, a bulb, and an on-off switch.

1 Like

THANKS!!!
THANKS!!!

Makes it real easy to setup the Tradfri remote

Hi. Thanks so much for creating this. I’m new to HA so just getting my head around everything and these blueprints make life so much easier.
I’m using the E1810 to control the lights in the Master Bedroom, which are connected via a Hue hub.
My only issue is that pressing the big toggle button in the middle literally toggles - so if only the bedside lights are on, then they go off but the main light and the reading light come on, and vice versa. I’d really like an “if ANY of the lights in the room are on then turn all off, if none are on, turn on.” Not a huge issue as I have right-arrow set to an all-lights-on Hue scene, but it will confuse my wife :frowning:
I guess I need to edit the .yaml for the blueprint to add a condition and change the action accordingly? Anyone got any suggestions / tips on how to do this (or whether some other approach is better)? I’ve got some programming experience, mainly in php and python, but I don’t have my head around yaml yet.
Thanks again!
Ben

Ah. I did some reading and now understand yaml a bit better. Then by reading the blueprint with a bit more understanding and a bit more googling I realised that using a lights group rather than a room I get the behaviour I want. Spouse approval factor restored, and I learned something, too :slight_smile:
Thanks again for the hard work!

Can we modify this blueprint to cycle through the light entities using left and right, and then control the brightness of each light individually?
If so, how?! Thank you

Thank you!!! This saves me so much headache and money as I’ve been starting exploring zigbee and z-wave, We have an IKEA right nearby and - well, I’m swedish and just the lights are a lot cheaper than Hue or anything at the local stores.
And I’ve been sitting looking at scene controllers just for the fun of it.
Not to mention thank you for all the excellent code.

Thanks for the great work on this! Some of the features don’t seem to work 100% (for example, if I check the box for Color Name, the left/right buttons don’t work EDIT: nevermind, I’m an idiot. I thought Color Name was just a human-readable name to quickly identify which color was which. Disabling RGB-color and only checking Color Name works perfectly.), but for my needs this works perfectly.

Would love for the option customize what the middle button does! I have lamps on smart plugs - I would prefer to turn them off there rather than turning the bulb off.

I’ve configured all 4 button clicks to change to a specific color using this YAML:

alias: ZHA - IKEA five button remote for lights
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: frenck/zha-ikea-five-button-remote-for-lights.yaml
  input:
    remote: f4c94b15742ec14d8b34e76eefcd0754
    light:
      device_id: 1bbd50b6642e463fa7246d678c97cb3d
    button_left_short:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data:
          rgb_color:
          brightness_pct: 100
        target:
    button_right_short:
        target:
        data:
          rgb_color:
    brightness: 100
    button_left_long:
        target:
        data:
          rgb_color:
    button_right_long:
        target:
        data:
          rgb_color:

Great work @frenck! As a novice hass user this surely helps me out a lot. Unfortunately I got the 4 button variant which came in bundle with a RGB lightbulb. So it will take some tweaking to set up. I’ll upload the blueprint when it is finished.

Update: check here for my 4 button version for the ‘STYRBAR’