ZHA - IKEA four button remote (Styrbar) for lights (E2001, E2002)

This looks great, thanks for the hard work!

Is it possible to use the left/right buttons to cycle through a preset set of lights, and then have the other buttons act on that light only?

Please take a look at this comment.

Hi all.

I would be very happy if you could help me further.

I have been using Home Assistant for quite a while, but usually with pre-made scripts and blueprints.

e.g. I have four Ikea Tradfri lamps hanging above the dining table, I have grouped them in the “dining room” area.
For these I have created different scenes with different colors:

• All lamps blue
  • All lamps green
  • etc.

At the moment I switch these lamps via the app on the phone in the different scenes.

Now I got myself a switch: The Ikea Styrbar.

Here I have now found the corresponding Blueprint for this switch:
https://community.home-assistant.io…-remote-styrbar-for-lights-e2001-e2002/384482

This works first as it should: with the two buttons for brightness I can make the brightness of all lamps in the area “dining room” brighter and darker, as well as off.

Now I also want to use the left and right buttons to switch between the different scenes, i.e. colors.

For this someone posted a script in this thread:
https://community.home-assistant.io…mote-styrbar-for-lights-e2001-e2002/384482/16

Now the problems start:
I don’t understand how to integrate this script.

What I have done so far:

Image 1:
Copied the script as it is there into the file “scripts.yaml”. There is nothing else in it.
This file is included in the “configuration.yaml” with: “script: !include scripts.yaml”.

Image 2:
Then the thread says: “You have to create an input_select helper containing all the entity IDs of the desired scenes.”
So I created a “helper”, a “dropdown” with the name “Change light dining room”.
Now this is where the problem starts: How should I correctly include the individual color scenes as options in this dropdown? If I look in the scene “Blue”, then it says there for example at entity ID: “scene.blue”.
So I added “scene.blue” at “add option” in the dropdown and also all other color scenes.

Image 3:
Next I go to the already created automation “You have to create an input_select helper containing all the entity IDs of the desired scenes.” from the Blueprint.
There I go to “Right button - short press” and then comes the next problem: How do I include the created dropdown helper here correctly?
I tried it via “Run service”, then “Selection field: Next”.
And then set the entity “Change light dining room”.

Saved everything and? Nothing. Nothing happens when I press the right button.

I can’t explain it, where is the error?
I must admit, I still lack some basic understanding in Home Assistant, although I have now really many hours of reading up and watching videos.

Thank you very much for your help!

Can not get dimming working with long press?

Hey there, I’ve not implemented this myself but to me it looks like you didn’t call the right action (“Dienst”) for the right button short press (last image). What you actually want to call there is the script (script.next_scene I would assume). With that you need to pass along the parameters required by the script. But being honest I have not a whole lot of experience with that. Maybe @cbodenst can clarify this.

If you want someone to help you, you definitely need to include some more info. There is questions like:

• Does the light support dimming?
  • Which button on the remote are you pressing?
  • What setting did you use for the hold time?
  • What is your config in general?

I actually do not really know what you expect anyone to answer to your post here because it’s working for everybody else and you ask a question with zero context. Please clarify the above questions and I might be able to help you out.

I think it is very general, but yes the lights do support dimming some are ESPHome some are ZIgbee, but they all are dimmable via HA.
Actually I like to make it long press is dim up/dim down action and reversed depending on the time of keeping the button pressed, but to start with just dim up or dim down is a nice start.
Well there is a repeat action already implemented with the Bluetooth, I presume for dimming so would love to know how others use that function, now it is set to 500 repeats.
Configuration wise nothing special every button has a separate light to toggle, and thus the general idea was the same light will be dimmed with the long press, and short press is the on/off action.

Hi Malte,
I have already thought something like that!
Unfortunately I don’t have “script.next_scene” for “Dienst”. Only the 4 points on this picture:

If you did everything correct then it should show up in that drop-down.

Did you include your scripts.yaml in your configuration.yaml?

Hi, yes, there is a line: “script: !include scripts.yaml”:

I have solved the problem!
The script had no name…
This is how it looks now:

Theoretically, this works now.
Only in practice, some of the 4 lamps sometimes “hang”. That means 3 change the color, one stays with the old color.
Or 3 go off, one stays on.
Not always, but again and again.
I can’t find any system behind it.

Edit:
Everythink fine now, it was my fault. Thanks all! :slight_smile:

Is the long press action supposed to work with any type command? For instance, will this work to increase/decrease an IR remote volume? Just saying because I have tried this and it doesn’t work, although no issues with a single press. I am wondering whether it is a blueprint limitation (just in case it works with lights only) or a real issue, before reporting with further information. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. If by long press action you mean, that the brightness of a light increases while holding the brightness up button this blueprint won’t work for an IR remote out of the box. But you could use this blueprint as a base of what you’re trying to do.

Well noted. Thanks for your feedback!

Hmm - I just added an E2002 and the blueprint says “no matching devices found” under “Remote”.

Any ideas?

From my experience it’s sometimes hard to get these things to pair correct. Make sure the remote shows up under integrations > ZHA. If the issue persists then please try re-pairing the remote.

thanks! I’m using zigbee2mqtt - it does show up there and under integrations > MQTT

Alright that’s the issue. This blueprint is specifically designed for ZHA. In the forum you should find alternatives.

1 Like

Oh! I completely missed that. Sorry.