ZHA + Philips Hue Tap Dial (RDM002) - limited events

I built and shared a blueprint for this device based on Z2M. I’m trying to get an equivalent blueprint working with ZHA. This is my first experience with ZHA.

With Z2MQTT, the controller generates short and long press and release events for all four buttons as well as rotation events. With ZHA, the only events I’m seeing are what I think are ZHA events and not device events. I get step events for rotation and “recall/scene” events for short button presses. Long button presses produce confusing step events and there are no release events.

I can see that there’s a partially complete PR around this stuff but I don’t understand whether or not there’s anything I can do unless or until that PR gets completed:

Am I missing something? Is what I’m seeing the extent of what’s available?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Just linking you my thread here:

Thanks for the reference.

I can see that there’s a stalled PR to improve this, but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere:

I think I’ll post my ZHA blueprint without support for long presses. That’s too bad - means my Z2M version is far more capable.

Anyone know any updates for ZHA support? This might be what gets me to move to Z2M, not really looking forward to moving, but seems more capable in some cases.

If you can afford another zigbee coordinator, I suggest buying one and running both ZHA & Z2MQTT while you migrate slowly.

It’ll give you the option to pick and choose which devices are better supported in each integration, as well as ensuring you have an “extra” coordinator if you decide to stick to one integration and experience a hardware failure.

Hello gTunes, regarding this ZHA blueprint, you are mentioning. Will you please share it, no matter the limited functionality? It would be of great help forward. Thanks in advance <3