ZHA - Sengled Smart Light Switch (E1E-G7F)

Thanks to @compeek over on GitHub we can now use the Sengled Smart Light Switch in ZHA!

The quirk needs to be manually installed for now (docker instructions here), but it works so I took @vanstinator’s blueprint for the Hue Dimmer and made the few small changes needed to use with the Sengled switch.

2 Likes

is there any special we need to get these to work? once i went to HA and added the switch to HA, all i saw was the battery. i never could get them to work so i tossed them in a bin. i would love to use these again.

Sam thing here

pypi: 
  - 'git+https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/'
apk: []
  • Start the addon

so you need to do that in supervisor.

1 Like

click add

install the custom deps deployment addon

edit the config

start the addon and then once it is done, check and restart HA

Four dollars less than the hue version it ripped off! Does the zigpy quirk handle mulipress and hold actions?

Is it possible to use this running in docker?

I was wondering the same thing.

I guess we can do the manual version

If you are instead using some custom python installation of Home Assistant then do this:

• Activate your python virtual env
  • Update package with pip
pip install zigpy==0.20.0

At the moment it just has hold actions on the brightness up/down buttons to increase the step from 10% to 25%.
Hold and double-click actions can be added to the On/Off buttons; I didn’t add any because I couldn’t think of any.

Testing quirks in development in docker based install.

Don’t bother with these things, they eat batteries like nobodys business. I have three of them and they were each absolutely destroying a CR2032 in less than a day.

I’ve created a similar blueprint with complete control of every button option’s action. I also cross linked to this blueprint for a more out-of-the-box option that you created!

Unfortunately I’m finding that the Hue remote is worth the extra $4. The Hue remotes generates events instantly, and the buttons have a nice click to them. I find the buttons very soft on the Sengled remote, and the events take almost a second to register most of the time.

It’s not a bad remote, but the Hue one is nearly perfect.

1 Like

After updating to the latest HA im getting this error with the 4 button switches:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 297, in handle_callback
    handler(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 219, in ezsp_callback_handler
    self._handle_frame(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 264, in _handle_frame
    self.handle_message(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 223, in handle_message
    return sender.handle_message(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 279, in handle_message
    return endpoint.handle_message(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 217, in handle_message
    handler(hdr, args, dst_addressing=dst_addressing)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 201, in handle_message
    self.handle_cluster_request(hdr, args, dst_addressing=dst_addressing)
TypeError: handle_cluster_request() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dst_addressing'

could you point me in the right direction on this please?
It worked perfectly before.

Does this work with zigbee devices controlled with deconz?

Also a useful question, can this remote just control 4 scenes with button presses? i.e. not a light with dimming functions but just a simple 4 button controller?

This remote can be assigned to up to 8 (3 each for on and off button, one each for dimmer buttons) commands which can be programmed to control anything in HA.

I bought a few of these for a project and could never get them to work… Till now! After installing this blueprint I am happy to report they are working like a charm! Thank you very much for your work!