Zigbee adaptor USB that will work on windows and then on a NAS?

Hi all

I really want to test home assistant out to move from smart things. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go down the Synology route to run home assistant on alongside Plex and surveillance. The 1019 + if I can.

right now I have a windows machine that I can certainly test home assistant on an add a few of my devices. But I’ll need a zigbee adaptor of some sort.

are they interchangeable? if they work on windows will I be able to use it on the Synology? I know the Synology needs a little bit more setup

EDIT: It seems as I have xiaomi and nue switches I may have to go down the zigate path or zigbee2mqtt. But not sure if it’s interchangeable

It might not be the right time to move zigbee from smartthings to ha

Thank you

I just moved from SmartThings to Home Assistant and I have a bunch of Zigbee devices. I decided on the HUSBZB-1. I use it on Linux but it sounds like after a little work it’s ok on Windows too. Here is a review with details on Windows.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RSPH6UCG0N3WK/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01GJ826F8

Synology uses some kind of Linux, but it seems like it needs a driver installed too.

1 Like