Zigbee and HA hardware migration

I’m not sure if this is the right place or if this has been asked somewhere else but…

I’m thinking about moving from my Raspberry Pi 4 to a small PC. I’ve seen many descriptions of how the migration process works but haven’t see much about what happens with Zigbee (I’m using ZHA without zigbee2mqtt).

Would I simply plug my Conbee II into the new PC and it would just work (once HA is restored from a backup)? Or, is there more to it?

Also, I’m unclear about how much of my Zigbee network configuration is stored in the Conbee II and how much is in HA. There isn’t a simple way to backup the Conbee II configuration and I’m worried I’ll do something that messes it up. I absolutely want to avoid re-pairing all my 70 devices.

I hope someone can advise me.

Yes, should work restoring Home Assiatant backup (which should include ZHA’s Zigbee database) then move dongle. Zigbee solutions store some parts on dongle and some parts in a database + configuration.

FYI, ZHA libraries will soon be capable of supporting ConBee/RaspBee backup and restore that can be used for Zigbee network migrations, see → https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-libraries-will-soon-support-conbee-raspbee-backup-and-restore-that-can-be-used-for-zigbee-network-migrations/374782

PS: Consider voting for related feature request → ZHA integration to do nightly backup of both Zigbee Coordinator adapter/dongle/stick and Zigbee network/database?

Thank you so much for your fast and informative reply. I’ve voted.

I had migrated ZHA which uses a ZNP USB key from a Synology NAS using a specific installation to a NUC using HAOS.
The crucial thing I had to understand is that the ‘.storage’ directory which is ‘hidden’ in the config directory contains essential configuration data that has to be transferred.
Once I figured that out, migration was not too complicated - I did not follow any guide though.

Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind.