Zigbee aqara smart switch - how to use?

I have a bunch of Aqara sensors working via deCONZ so I figured I’d stick with the brand. I picked up this little click button (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D19YXND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and added it to deCONZ. I found the device entities for battery and temperature. But, I’m not finding anything related to a switch.

My goal is to have this click button turn on our hot water recirculation pump prior to showers vs. a timed schedule to save on energy/cut down on water waste.

Not sure how to get this to work since I can’t find the switch entity? Any advice?

If Aqara switches aren’t supported via Zigbee deCONZ I’m happy for suggestions on alternative brands.

Thank you.

I am not sure if it is required to stick to a brand, some do because of the esthetics and others…other reasons. In this case you will find extensive and growing support from z2m and yes, it adds both z2m and mqtt complexity if you did not have there yet, but it is worth it. Possibly ZHA also has it but I am not known to details in ZHA
| Zigbee2MQTT

Sure, so I have this device Xiaomi WXKG13LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT which I’m having an issue with finding the entity of the switch side of things. I have about 18 sensors from the link you sent and those were super simple to find and integrate into automations. All are paired via deCONZ.

Where am I going off the rails here so I can try to learn?

I am not sure if you are off the rails, in here you see it is apparently not covered by deconz
Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker (blakadder.com)
so you can raise a request at phoscon to have it added by deconz.
The other solution requires you to migrate all from deconz to z2m…never done this, probably all manual repairing (search this forum)

And possibly this may help, could be that 11/12LM issue-fixes also apply to 13LM
Pairing Aqara Smart Wireless Switch WXKG11LM · Issue #53 · deconz-community/deconz-docker (github.com)

Sure, so it Aqara Wireless Mini Switch WXKG11LM Zigbee compatibility would be this item and it says supported by deCONZ.

Strangely it shows up now under devices when searching “lumi.” Within the device page I can add an automation so I figured maybe this will get me what I need. However, the automation doesn’t do anything and the logbook doesn’t show anything.

- id: '53033300111505'
  alias: Hot water recirculation switch for 10 minutes
  trigger:
  - device_id: aa3232d978975d25b7bdb3b82ce1153f
    domain: deconz
    platform: device
    type: remote_button_short_press
    subtype: turn_on
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.wemo_9_recirculator
  - delay: 00:10:00
  - service: switch.turn_off

Okay, so deleted and re-added via deCONZ. Now it detects the device clicks. But it doesn’t run the automation.

Hot Water Recirculator ‘Short press’ event for ‘Turn on’ was fired

10:00:03 AM - In 1 second

Always worth a try, no guarantees

Is deconz itself showing what is being read from the device?
EDIT: you would have to check on the entity what state changes happen, might be different then what you expect

So here’s the screenshot of device page:

This is the entities search:

I just tried this blueprint but it doesn’t detect the device: ZHA - Aqara Wireless Mini Switch

The automation posted previously was generated using the UI that is initiated on the first image’s left side to add automation.

Blueprint does not recognise as it is filtering on applicable devices.So at least it works, now you only need to figure out the automation but, difficult from a distance so you have to play around a bit…when you setup the automation/saved and then press the button, do you see anything in the trace of the automation?

Honestly, my head is spinning. I didn’t make any new changes but upon you reminding me of traces I saw nothing there, clicked the button again, and then magically it all worked precisely as laid out in the YAML.

So… maybe a ‘whatever’ feeling but : success :ok_hand:

same thing here, deconz gives me temperature and battery only.
how did you got the device id for the button?

Sure, so I found it in the Devices → deconz → devices list.

Here’s an example of a button setup I have:

- id: 'da20ebaa-351c-11ee-be56-0242ac120002'
  alias: Hot water recirculation switch
  trigger:
  - device_id: aa3232d978975d25b7bdb3b82ce1153f
    domain: deconz
    platform: device
    type: remote_button_short_press
    subtype: turn_on
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on