Zigbee Button Switch mostly needs two taps to work

Hi there. I’m relatively new to HA. Have installed it on my Synology Nas one month ago. Most of the automations works good except triggering an action on a wireless ZigBee switch.

I hadn’t any problems if I used it with the Tuya integration but I switched to a Sonoff bridge with flashed Tasmota. Now I have to press the buttons sometimes twice (mostly when I haven’t used it for a longer time) to make it work. It looks like the device goes to “sleep” or something after a while and needs a button press to wake up.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Do you have other Zigbee devices near it that get powered off? For example bulbs that are turned off at the wall? If so, the button may be trying to communicate through them and it will take a while to find a new path.

No. I have a ZigBee Motion Sensor for the Basement light. The wireless switch is for opening the garage door. Thx

Read and follow → Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

Especially make sure you use a long USB extension cable for the Zigbee dongle and plug it into a USB 2.0 port or if do not have a USB 2.0 port buy and use it via a USB 2.0 hub as suggestion in that thread.

Hi. I replaced the dongle and connected it to a USB power adapter. No changes. Still needs a “wake up tap” after some hours.