Zigbee Connection Keeps dropping randomly (Deconz)

Hi,
As you can see in the picture below, I have been getting random zigbee outages. I have thus far never noticed any issues with the lights itself, but I do get bothered by the fact that my alarm system keeps tripping when all sensor devices go to unknown state. (Should be an easy fix, but I want to know what causes the outages)
The below screenshot is taken from 9AM-10AM to display the outages in a 1 hour timestroke. Including the visibility that WIFI devices do not experience any issues.

Any help to identify the outages and potentially fix them would be much appreciated!
(I am on the latest version of HA, running on a RPI4 using a deconz usb stick)

Cheers!

Take a look at this reply, it might help you. It fixed literally all the zigbee problems I was having.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. So far my system gets a lot better if I turn off power to the 6 Ikea bulbs I have. I have also identified one Philips Hue bulb which wasn’t responding properly and I removed that and included it again. With these two changes, I went down from 20 unknown states each day to zero.

This problem started last month in my system. I have around 130 nodes in the zigbee network and I noticed that I get “5 tasks running, waiting” messages in the log and deconz freezes for about 5 seconds when this happens. HA looses its websocket connection and marks all sensors and light as unavailable.

Thanks for the tip!
I indeed had the possibility to upgrade through that method, which I did to the latest version of this month. However I still see the outages happen after the upgrade. Thanks anyway!

Thanks for your reply!
Can you guide me as to where I can find the logs where you find these errors?
Also, how did you identify which bulbs weren’t responding properly?
I have no ikea lights, only the fyrtur blinds. Furthermore all Hue.

Cheers!

You find the logs in the deconz add-on

I identified the bulbs when I tried to set a color or a light level individually instead of on the group they belong to.

I am not saying this is a solution for you. I am not even sure this is a solution for me or only a temporary fix.