Zigbee devices no longer pairs with Xiaomi Mi Home Hub

Hello and thank you for contributing to the thread!
I’m sorry your are experiencing the same issue as me although I must say, it is a relief to know I’m not alone.

When you say you did try the factory reset, do you mean that you did the complicated version where you also unplug the hub in the reset process? I haven’t actually yet tried that one because I think it will be very time consuming since I’ll probably lose all my sensors then.

In order not to lose my configuration in the Gateway, I used a second Xiaomi gateway. It was new, I plugged it in and updated the firmware. Then I tried to pair Zigbee sensors (Mijia and Aqara), thermometers, vibration detector, etc. Impossible. Restart the Gateway by pressing the button for 5 seconds. I think that’s enough because that Gateway was new and had never had any device paired. I suspect that if I had not updated the firmware, the pairing would have worked.

Indeed! Thanks again, then I will just wait for xiaomi to fix this disaster.

EDIT:

I’m guessing you also using mainland China as location? Maybe Xiaomi are trying to block us from using these products outside of mainland China with the new firmware?

Yes, I am using China mainland server. Yesterday I tried to change the server and I put Singapore, USA, etc. and in no case could I pair the Zigbee devices. I have also suspected that Xiaomi does not want us to use its servers from outside of China. Hopefully not the case, but with the Chinese you never know. For example, I have a Yi 1080p camera that could previously connect to the My Home app, but now it does not recognize it and only works with the Yi Home app. We will wait a few days.

Yeah that would suck if that where the case.

I’ll try setting evrything upp through a Chinese VPN later tonight and see if that works.

Please try to pair the device without the mihom app. Instead use this method: Adding New Xiaomi Aqara Sensors - a quick trick I didn't know (without using the app, post-setup)

Hi and thanks for your answer!
I have tried this method several times I’m afraid :confused:

I just tried connecting my phone to a China VPN and then set it to AP mode with the hub connected directly to it, same reslut though with no new devices paring :frowning:

I’m facing the same issue… gateway not able to recognize any new aqara sensors !!!.. I think We’ll need to wait for a firmware upgrade hopefully soon…

Thanks for writing Rony! So your on 164 as well?

Yes… same version

I just notified the firmware update to version 1.4.1_164.0143. I have updated and I have just paired a Zigbee temperature sensor and an Aqara Vibration. No problem. What a relief. Problem solved.

Did you have to do something differently to pair them miguelrl ??

What a relief indeed!

Also just updated the firmware on the hub FROM 1.4.1_164.0143 TO 1.4.1_164.0158 and now everything works as before.
No special pairing method needed you can choose either paring from the app, pushing thee times on the hub button or send the service command from HA.

1 Like

I have not done anything different either. The sensors have been matched as always. With firmware 1.4.1_164.0158 everything works fine. Since I have two hubs, I will never update both at the same time.

Glad to hear that’s working again !!!.. I’m trying to check for firmwares update but the app is telling me that I already have the latest version (1.4.1_164.0143) my setup is mainland China as well. Any idea why I’m not getting the update?

187/5000

The latest version is 1.4.1_164.0158. This morning is when the notice appeared and I updated. There are no later versions. In my case, in addition, some plugins have been updated.

I have made a mistake. I wanted to say that the last version that has been updated this morning is: 1.4.1_164.0158 and everything works. I suppose the updates will be done step by step according to geographical area or countries.

Have the same problem. No any newer firmware.

I also got prompted about the firmware update(1.4.1_164.0158) earlier today and evrything works again after updating.
I have it set to mainland China but i live in Sweden.

1 Like

Firmware updates are rolled out slowly. Just wait a few more hours/days.