Zigbee flower and plant sensors for soil moisture + light + temperature + humidity?

Is this a hardware issue, software issue or both? If it’s software, is the firmware on these devices updateable?

I’ve got the same issue, so far on two of the three sensors that I have. One is behaving normally so far at least.

1 Like

I read this topic and I wonder which project should I choose and which one integrates with HA / Z2M the best…

@Hedda, have you tested / made DIYRuZ_Flower, Efekta or B-parasite? Any recommendations / insights you could give, please? Thank you in advance! :blush:

I just found this project today:

It looks very nice. I was thinking to do exactly the same. ZigBee, e-ink screen and solar panel were properly working. I just got stuck in getting reliable moisture measurements compared to a professional moisture meter.

It is possible to change the reporting time for Tuya zigbee soil sensor direct from zigbee2mqtt in Home Assistant?

@Giex if you are a representative of the company that engineered this sensor, please consider the above request in a future firmware update.

Every use case is different, so the ideal solution would be to be able to configure the reporting period by the Zigbee coordinator side. There are not so much Tuya-based devices that allow such reporting period configurations, and it would be great if you could add configuration commands in this TS0601 _TZE200_myd45weu device.

For other users - i tried old and new-version Giex devices and they are not worth buying.
Data is poor and battery dies within days.

1 Like

Has anyone contacted the GiEX representative via email? Any word back from the manufacturer?

I was able to contact them via their Ali Express store. Very helpful, quick responses.

1 Like

Did it become clear whether GiEX have any control on the firmware, or they are just a reseller / white label like the most of the AliExpress and Amazon sellers?

I was contacting them about some version/firmware irregularities on an irrigation controller. It has different capabilities exposed to z2m depending on where it was purchased.

They were able to clarify how to identify the different versions, which one was newer, and also that they cannot upgrade the firmware ota in that device. They did seem fairly knowledgable.

Ok, thank you!

I was in contact with Raul from Giex for sending a test replacement for my sensor. He asked me to place an order on Aliexpress for a “sample free of charge” that has to be paid via PayPal? Why to pay as long as is free of charge? Propose him a different solution, link for replacement or extra fee, but in the end nothing happened. Got no reply for him.

Hi there!

I have four of these devices ( _TZE200_myd45weu / TS0601_soil ). Can you tell me if this is the ‘new’ batch?

When i’m watering my border, 3 of 4 devices show this:

capped on 70% and it’s immidiately going up.

The other one:

It hasn’t rained for days now (outdoor temp: ±15C), but the percentage isn’t lowering that much.

Same issue here. The sensor is stuck at 70%. Removing it from the ground, and sticking it in 5 minutes later fixes the issue. But this behaviour renders the sensor useless for irrigation control

After watering, the sensor immediately stuck to the 70% again.

I bought the sensor about 14 days ago. So either it’s an old batch or the issue hasn’t been fixed yet

Hi, I’ve bought ZIGBEE Plant Monitor by Tuya and connected through z2m but it only exposes these data:
Schermata 2023-05-30 alle 17.24.31
I instead need these data, how can I fix it?

@fdrcti Zigbee2MQTT has a webpage about adding support for devices here → Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT

Those using the ZHA integration should instead read and follow → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#how-to-add-support-for-new-and-unsupported-devices

The issue was related to the device itself, it only exposes that data. I’ve bought a bluetooth sensor (i think is the xiaomi flora) but is only exposes these data

I really do not understand which device exposes also the other data as in the screen before.

@Giex is there any change you’ll may look at my post from 12 days ago? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi, has anyone tried these Zigbee sensors?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005457579746.html

1 Like