Zigbee network problems after upgrading ConbeeII controller

Hi! When adding new Aqara T1 devices (waterleak detectors and temperature sensors) I found out that my ConbeeII firmware was to old to handle the new Zigbee methodes/calls from Aqara. This because I was missing battery level readings for example.

After updating the USB controller from firmware 0x26570700 (april-2020) to 0x26780700 (may-2022) the newly added Aqara sensors are working complete fine after a reconfiguration of the new devices.
And I cannot (according to forums) downgrade the Conbee firmware…

But there comes the problem. My Zigbee network feels very unstable. When I toggle one light switch, all seems okay. But when I toggle a light group, some lights don’t change the state (from ON to OFF for example, two of thirteen light bulbs stays on).
And the toggle on the HA dashboard does not change from state, and when I wait a couple of secs, the disco begins! Some lights are going OFF, some to ON a couple of times or changes the dimming zone/light intensity… just it looks like there are some queue/handing/communication problems, it is persistent, don’t know.

Ok, so I checked the logs. Cleaned them, and repeated a toggle for the group of light bulbs, and there I see a couple of communication and API problems with deConz.

Home Assistant Core

Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 22, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS
20:35:05 – (WARNING) runner.py - message first occurred at 20:34:49 and shows up 5 times

Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:7f sequence
20:35:05 – (WARNING) runner.py - message first occurred at 20:34:49 and shows up 9 times

Details 1:

Logger: zigpy_deconz.zigbee.application
Source: runner.py:188
First occurred: 20:34:49 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:36:12

Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 205, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS
Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 216, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS
Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 230, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS
Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 5, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS
Unexpected transmit confirm for request id 11, Status: TXStatus.SUCCESS

Details 2:
Logger: zigpy_deconz.api
Source: runner.py:188
First occurred: 20:34:49 (21 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:36:11

Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:70 sequence
Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:74 sequence
Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:7e sequence
Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:ae sequence
Duplicate or delayed response for 0x:c4 sequence

I don’t know if it related to the new problems I have, but this also does not look good.
Who can help me with figuring out this problem?
Thank you!

Tried it again from restart, for example now this time only one lightbulb in the group stayed on (was toggling the group from ON to OFF state), and found this in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.cluster_handlers
Source: components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py:537
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+zha%22))
First occurred: 20:50:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:50:23

[0x1743:11:0x0300]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError()]

It looks like there is something wrong with my installation?

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:238
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:50:48 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:50:48
[139861876277440] Failed to send request: device did not respond

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 238, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2067, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2104, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 272, in handle_service
    return await service.entity_service_call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 878, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 948, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 591, in async_handle_light_off_service
    await light.async_turn_off(**filter_turn_off_params(light, params))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/group/light.py", line 189, in async_turn_off
    await self.hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2067, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2104, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 272, in handle_service
    return await service.entity_service_call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 903, in entity_service_call
    raise result from None
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1233, in async_request_call
    return await coro
           ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 948, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 591, in async_handle_light_off_service
    await light.async_turn_off(**filter_turn_off_params(light, params))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/light.py", line 471, in async_turn_off
    result = await self._on_off_cluster_handler.off()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 83, in wrapper
    with wrap_zigpy_exceptions():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/contextlib.py", line 155, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 66, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Failed to send request: device did not respond

I have the exact same issue, starting last night.
Zigbee delays, issues with group service calls, and the same errors in my logs as yours.

HomeAssistant container 2023.12.4
ConBee II, firmware 0x26580700

Automations get hung up after the service call, pausing and not completing.
This started after an upgrade from 2023.12.1, which I had no issues running. As part of the upgrade my host server and usb dongle were also rebooted.

UPDATE: Reverting to 2023.12.1 fixed the issue.

interesting! because when I search online for this issue, I see a lot others since the beginning of december '23 commenting/having troubles with this.

FYI, same messages as these: