Zigbee smart plugs going unavailable after migrating to new system

Been using HA with these Zigbee smart plugs flawlessly for a while. Decided to move my HA installation to a new server. All went well, backup and direct restore, all hardware in the same location, Sonoff zigbee transceiver hasn’t moved. And everything works perfectly except all 4 smart plugs I have just randomly become unavailable, so far 1-2 times a day. And when they come back, they turn off if they were previously on.

Any idea why this could be, suddenly after a migration when nothing else has changed?

Do you use an USB extension cable ? If not, you really should.

1 Like

Yes always have, and that hasn’t changed. Dongle is far from the server

Can it be it is plugged in an USB 3 port now ?

I believe it is plugged into a usb 3 port now, I can’t remember if it was before. Would being in a usb 3 port cause this even with an extension?

Possible.

1 Like

So I’ve connected to a Usb2 port, reconfigured the device, rebooted the config, rebooted the server, but the random running off is still happening. Not sure what could be causing this during the migration as it worked perfectly before and everything else is working fine on the new server

Anything in the logs ?

In the logbook the only thing showing is “Plug Turned Off” and previously it was showing the “device became unavailable” but that’s not showing before the turn off logs now

So powered back the old server, plugged the devices back in exactly as before, but now it’s doing it on the old set up too!

It has to be the devices or the dongle right. Is there anything I can do with the dongle to check this?

Tuya TS011F plugs ?

They are eWeLink SA-030 plugs

I’ve noticed this in the logs:

homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0xA7B5](TS0043): last_seen is 179964.59790444374 seconds ago and ping attempts have been exhausted, marking the device unavailable
2023-09-17 17:08:31.885 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0xA7B5](TS0043): Update device availability -  device available: False - new availability: False - changed: False
2023-09-17 17:08:34.850 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x331C](TS0044): Device seen - marking the device available and resetting counter
2023-09-17 17:08:34.850 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0x331C](TS0044): Update device availability -  device available: True - new availability: True - changed: False
2023-09-17 17:08:34.851 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0xBAE6](SA-030-1): Device seen - marking the device available and resetting counter
2023-09-17 17:08:34.851 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.device] [0xBAE6](SA-030-1): Update device availability -  device available: True - new availability: True - changed

Surely the last seen time of 179964 seconds is an error?

I still cannot figure this out at all, does anyone have any other suggestions that might be worth looking at? I am on the latest version, so unless there’s a bug which I doubt then there must have been something affecting the Sonoff dongle after migrating to the the new machine, as migrating back still has the issue, so I’m thinking the dongle must be doing something as it’s the only common factor between the 2 systems

Since downgrading to 2023.8.4 the problem did seem to go away, so I upgraded back to the latest and the problem is back. Could this be a bug in the latest version?