ZigBee TRV connection issues

I have got a few Zigbee 3.0 Tuya Thermostat valves (TRVs) from AliExpress and I now want to integrate them with home assistant. I don’t have a Tuya Zigbee Gateway or whatever. I want to use it locally and I have a Zigbee dongle.
I successfully connected all the thermostats to my Zigbee dongle but I can’t do anything with them. The only 2 entities are called LQI and RSSI but they arent even available and hidden by default. Also I think they are just indicators for Signal quality/strength. I’ll provide a screenshot of one of the thermostats “status page”.
I couldn’t find any documentation on how to use Tuya devices with homeassistant directly and I dont know if there are any special steps besides just connectiong the device to be done. I could only find this (this) but as far as I can tell it’s supposed to be used with a Zigbee Tuya Smart Gateway which I dont have and dont want to get if possible.
I found this in this repository which looks pretty similar (actually just like the product picture from AliExpress but not llike the actual thing I have) but is not the same. I also tried most of the steps mentioned here.
I hope theres some (easy) solution and I was just too stupid to find it…
Thanks in advance!

Edit: kind of forgot the Sceenshot I mentioned and I’am using ZHA HA Integration.

Sounds as if you’re using the ZHA Zigbee integration. Ignore the Tuya thing.

These two are normally disabled - you can enable them if you want to - but there should be several more.

You need to go to the device info card to identify the model of your TRV.

And then check on Github to see whether there is an additional device handler required.

There’s a community guide to adding ZHA device handlers here.

If you can’t find a ZHA “quirk”, you might consider using the Z2M integration rather than ZHA - though any other Zigbee devices you have would have to be migrated across too, which may be a big job.

They have a large catalogue of supported devices.

1 Like

Thank you! I somehow didn’t think switching to Zigbee2MQTT would make a difference but using Zigbee2MQTT worked immediately (at least once I had managed to set it up)!