ZIGBEE (ZHA): Get a Cluster Attribute that isn't normally tracked

You are a lifesaver. I’ve been trying to fix this for a while. I’ll see if it works tonight.

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. It doesn’t produce any data. The values show up as “unknown”. When I go back to “attributes” it populates the values but I think they’re stale values.

Dang. I was hoping that would work for you. I’d also see about trying attributes_cache_v5. Depending on what version you’re on, ZHA may not be using v6 yet.

This solution worked GREAT and let me move my garage door (my last remaining sensor) off of SmartThings last year. Props to everyone above who came up with this workaround. But last weekend I came across a blog post (Using a SmartThings sensor in "garage door" mode with Home Assistant - David Boike's Blog) where they listen for a zha_event and triggered an automation if it came from the designated sensor and had values within their range. My implementation from that isn’t 100% identical as I deviated to match the initial SmartThings code for a sensor in garage door mode, but it works extremely well so far. If the v5 table doesn’t work and you’re open to an alternate way for doing this, it might be worth a look.

1 Like

Thanks for the possiblities opened up here :slight_smile: now I can check for some possible Zigbee command losses which are only reflected in not updated thermostat cluster attributes and do trigger automations based on that.

This may interest some of you: Read Zigbee attribute directly into a state . I just extended “zha_custom” - now zha-toolkit - to read zigbee attributes to a ha state.

3 Likes

Very Cool! Really what I was looking for when I posted this :smiley:
Thanks for the update

Hi, I posted an example to another thread on how to read cluster attributes to a sensor with zha-toolkit (latest version of zha-custom) : Danfoss Ally TRV working with remote temp sensor - #140 by jjrytko

2 Likes