Zigbee2mqtt add-on

Coordinator is Sonoff 3.0 USB Dongle Plus.
Flashed with ZStack CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_20231112
Routers are Sonoff 3.0 USB Dongle Plus
Flashed with CC2652R_router_20221102
Zigbee2mqtt add-on 1.34.0-1

Home Assistant
Core 2023.11.3
Supervisor 2023.11.6
Operating System 11.2
Frontend 20231030.2

IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP
I used ZHA for my Zigbee devices for around 6 months, system was rock solid. The problem was it does not really support my Neo Sirens, 4 button scene switch, and most importantly to me, Moes Vibration Sensors, No way to adjust sensitivity. All of these I found fully supported in Zigbee2mqtt.

I setup z2m in office installed these devices and functioned perfectly. Then Proceeded to install thru house.

Please see Zigbee Map, when installing the routers , the garage was installed to Coordinator (10 meters),
Kitchen Foyer was installed via Garage (8 meters) and Kitchen Master was installed via Kitchen Foyer (12 Meters). I then mapped system to confirm they where in a chain. House is very wide, coordinator to window shade is 38 meters.
I then continued to install Window shades and sirens ( all router) and some contact and vibration sensors. When complete everything worked exception being some shades where hit and miss one or two responded as expected
Today almost nothing works, please see map. Some items don’t appear anymore in map. Contact’s that functioned yesterday don’t today, Map shows nothing in chain connection.

I tried to add 3 different contact switch via garage router today. Adds almost immediately but non function, 2 show battery, non show contact open or closed ( nor does light on contact flash when magnet becomes present but I can hear a click when magnet touching). If I delete and add via coordinator in works perfectly.

This is all the same hardware and locations as functioned for ZHA.

The starting point would be:

1. USB extension cable is in use for the coordinator?
  2. Did you leave the channel at the default, or did you pick one clear of WiFi?
  3. Did you pair all the routers first?
  4. Are you pairing the end devices to a nearby router, or letting them pick?

If that is supposed to happen then you need to replace the battery.

Thank you for responding,
Yes CoOrdinator is on Extension away from other Electronics.
I left channel as default.
All routers paired first in daisy chain from closest to Coordinator , then second router connected via first, 3rd via 2nd and so-forth.
I am pairing devices to closest router. yesterday map showed that. Today no.

Just checked
Wifi channel 1
Zigbee Channel 11
Complete Overlap
Changing and will re pair devices

I’m interested in hearing the results of your change in frequencies. Yes, you appear to have overlap. That said, from my experience and reading on issues with Zigbee, I am pretty pessimistic that this is the source of your issues.

However, hoping you get to a solid configuration!

Good hunting!

20231112 is expermintal and reported not to work.

Use 20221226 or expermintal 20230922 which have a lot of good reviews.

Also read and try to follow all the tips here → https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-for-zigbee-interference-avoidance-and-network-range-coverage-optimization/515752

1 Like

I have changed the Zigbee Channel from 11 to 23. Now it’s working great, Signal strength indicated much better. Thanks to everyone. Maps with no errors. Add devices found in 2-5 seconds. Only issue is minor, Add two identical devices, one will show battery level the other won’t.

Changed from 11 to 23, working great.

1 Like

Try re-paring the same device a few times → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#best-practices-to-avoid-pairingconnection-difficulties

And again, check out sources of interference → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage