Zigbee2MQTT bad for SD card?

Hi,
I’m thinking of switching to zigbee2mqtt. I now use zha. I have tried it before and it worked but had some concerns. I’ve read that the database of ha is a real strain on the sd card in my pi. Therefore I use now mariadb on my synology instead. When a ran zigbee2mqtt the broker was on my pi as well and saw a ton of message being transmitted and received and worried if this was also bad for my sd card. So I switched back to Zha and decided to do some research first. I can’t find anything about Mqtt broker being bad for sd card. Hope someone here can advise me what to do. Stay on Zha, or switch to Mqtt. Run the broker on the same sd card as ha or externally on my synology.

Thanks.

Please please please change your SD card for an SSD. They’re not expensive anymore (I think I got mine for £ 20) and are reliable.

Your SD card will fail with or without Zigbee2MQTT.

Hi,
How did you connect you SSD to your PI?

Kr, Jandirk

if you are afraid of your SD-card:

(Still a good idea to switch to SSD )

I googled it for you…

Your SSD will also fail!!

SD cards use wear levelling. If a 2GB card is worn out after 6 months, a 128GB card will last 32 years. So you have to compare SSD and SD with the same storage capacity.

That’s very interesting - thanks for sharing.
I always thought SSD cards were more reliable because of the underlying technology involved.

Hi,

Converted now to ssd but every time I restart HA it won’t boot. I have to unplug the power and hope it boots. If not have to reinstall. Also installing backup won’t work. Have to reinstall again. Is there a fix for this?