Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

I see that Akriss has already replied. I comply with his assessment. No other change is evident.
I did notice however that you must now use the friendly name to remove the device using the method described in the documentation. MQTT topics and message structure | zigbee2mqtt.io

Thanks to both of you

Some work is going on HACS support here https://github.com/rgruebel/ha_zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/pull/13

1 Like

Hello, I’ve updated to the last version of zigbee2mqtt but I still have the same bug in map, all end device connect to the router are displayed without lines and between router and coordinator there is only a single line and not double. Ive tried to repair all devuces with any result.

Any help?

Are the devices all working? If so, stop worrying.

Absolutely yes…mine is only a “visual” problem :slight_smile:

I have the same issue after updating the zigbee2mqtt addon to 1.5.1.1, thought I’d broken things as the addon needed a different config setup…but all is working just the map layout broken.

Updating the ha_zigbee2mqtt_networkmap sorted it though :slight_smile:

Noob here, I followed this guide, copied zigbee2mqtt_networkmap to /config/custom_components. After restarting Hassio - Developer tools - Services, “zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update” is not in the list, and if you enter it and try to call, it throws “Failed to call service, service not found”.
Also tried to copy the www folder’s contents to /config/www/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap, same result.
What did I do wrong?
Zigbee2mqtt ver, 1.5.1.1
Hassio ver, 0.96.3

Thanks for all developers/contributors to this addon!
I have noticed that for some end devices there are no arrows drawn. They are reported as online and sometimes are reported as offline, but still are correctly functioning. Does somebody experience the same?
I have additionally the following feature request (issue#14) in my mind. Currently the addon renders only device ID in the rectangle. It would be nice it also displays HASS friendly_name (or name if not defined) next to device ID e.g. “Bedroom lamp (0x000157ffefb1c41a)”. Is it in general possible?

I don’t think the Homa Assistant friendly name is available in zigbee2mqtt, but you can have zigbee2mqtt use its own friendly names (which will then be used in the map) by sending a mqtt-message:

zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/rename

Allows you to change the friendly_name of a device on the fly. Format should be: {"old": "OLD_FRIENDLY_NAME", "new": "NEW_FRIENDLY_NAME"} .

This is not the same as friendly name in Home Assistant.
(from https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/mqtt_topics_and_message_structure.html)

Wel, it will chaneg change the MQTT topic as written here but I would like to have one place to give devices a human-friendly name. At the moment only HASS friendly_name can serve this role. So I thought that the code that generates / updates www/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/source.js can also read .storage/core.device_registry and infer names from there. Actually device has name and name_by_user, so I am confused as well which one to take as I haven’t found a way to configure any of them in HASS UI…

I can call zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update, if I collect the returned data in mqtt.fx I can paste it in webgrapviz, but I don’t get to see it in HA

The file in /www/community/zigbee2mqtt/networkmap/map.html does not change time either.

configuration.yaml :

webhook:

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:
  #topic: your topic (optional, default zigbee2mqtt)
panel_iframe:
 networkmap:
   title: 'Zigbee Map'
   url: '/local/community/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/map.html'
   icon: 'mdi:graphql'    

Tried both firefox and ie

What are ownership and permissions of the map.html file? Can the user who runs home assistant write to it?

I did a chmod -R 766 www on the directory, so I guess yes

You probably installed it over hacs? There is a bug at the moment that not all files are copied. Check if you have the file viz.js.

1 Like

It was there. Just removed hacs as I saw strange things in my history.

I installed this on my Synology HA setup and followed alle the steps described but when running the service nothing happens.
I can’t find anything in logs also and i don;t see any errors.
Could it be some permission error? (I would have expected to see them in (debug) log then).
I’m not running zigbee2mqtt dev branch
Using latest version found here for my CC2531 stick but latest version found here: https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_started/flashing_the_cc2531.html

And running version [email protected] on my RPi.

HA is running on my NAS (Synology) and is version 0.87.1 (newer version is not possible yet)

Any ideas?

Do you have an error in the developer console in the browser when you open the page?

You should see a similar entry in your zigbee2mqtt log (not home assistant) after you called the service:

Do you have such an entry?

I see this when launching the service.

Aug 12 20:30:41 raspberrypi npm[24745]: zigbee2mqtt:info 8/12/2019, 8:30:41 PM Starting network scan includeRoutes=‘0’…
Aug 12 20:30:50 raspberrypi npm[24745]: zigbee2mqtt:warn 8/12/2019, 8:30:50 PM Network scan timeout, skipping outstanding lqi scans for ‘0x00158d00…4 0x000d6ffff…2c’
Aug 12 20:30:50 raspberrypi npm[24745]: zigbee2mqtt:warn 8/12/2019, 8:30:50 PM Network scan timeout, skipping outstanding rtg scans for ‘’
Aug 12 20:30:50 raspberrypi npm[24745]: zigbee2mqtt:info 8/12/2019, 8:30:50 PM MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap/graphviz’, payload 'digraph G {
Aug 12 20:30:50 raspberrypi npm[24745]: node[shape=record];

A bunch of data and then 2 lines with
zigbee2mqtt:warn 8/12/2019, 8:30:53 PM Failed network lqi scan for device: ’

But no scan completed.

I must say that i have zigbee2mqtt running on a seperate RPi and not on my NAS.
Because of some Synology limitations for me zigbee2mqtt can;t be run on my NAS (no Docker capabilities) Could that be the problem for me?