Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

No, that is something that confuses me. I have in the folder, where I have customisatons.yaml also folder custom_components and within it I have folder from githup. Do I need to put somewhere also the rest of the files from the package, that are not in custom_components folder?

I strongly suggest you remove what you have done and install this via hacs.

What do you mean via hacs?

Your search facilities departed you?

1 Like

Have you enabled the component in your configuration?
Are there any messages in your log?

I use an HUSBZB-1 Zigbee/Z-Wave stick. Am I able to deploy this so I can visualize my Zigbee network?

Are you running zigbee2mqtt?

Not currently, ZHA with the HUSBZB-1

Then the answer is no.

Ok Thank You

Hi all, i’m not yet able to correctly configure zigbee2mqtt_networkmap, i installed it through HACS, and here follow logs:

2019-10-21 19:47:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zigbee2mqtt_networkmap
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 167, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/config/custom_components/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/__init__.py", line 52, in async_setup
    await mqtt.async_subscribe(topic+'/bridge/networkmap/graphviz', message_received)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 452, in async_subscribe
    encoding,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 848, in async_subscribe
    await self._async_perform_subscription(topic, qos)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 884, in _async_perform_subscription
    _raise_on_error(result)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 984, in _raise_on_error
    "Error talking to MQTT: {}".format(mqtt.error_string(result_code))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error talking to MQTT: The client is not currently connected.

mqtt broker isn’t running in hass.io but it’s external, and it works flawlessy, but in the logs there always is:

2019-10-21 19:47:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Data in your config entry is going to override your configuration.yaml: {'broker': '192.168.1.10', 'discovery': True, 'port': 1883}

Can anybody please point me in the right direction ?
Thank you !

1 Like

Hi All!

How can i customize the zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.map_last_update entitiy's icon and friendly name?
In the customize.yml i add these lines:

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.map_last_update:
  friendly_name: Map last update
  icon: mdi:graphql

The icon and the name is the default in developer tools status and the ui:
mapupdate

But in the configuration tool customize form is ok.

Perhaps you need to name the file .yaml not .yml

I think not is the problem, because i can set up other entities icons and friendly_names.
I have only problem with zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.map_last_update entitiy.

On configuration / customize page, it seems to be ok:

But i don’t see this in lovelace UI.

Are there any capabilities to theme the diagram? I’d love to get a dark background to match my dark slate theme. Dark Reader doesn’t work unless I want to do the whole home assistant, and that looks funky compared to the theme.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I just installed this great component, thanks @Robin for creating, sharing and further developing! :green_heart:
I wondered if the update of the network map (and thus its frequency) affects the life time of battery powered devices. Does the update trigger zigbee2mqtt to “pull” again the link state of the devices? Or are they cached in zigbee2mqtt (which would also mean they may already be different by the time HA reqests them at the zigbee2mqtt gateway - but that’s another topic)?

And I noticed when clicking the Update Now link it just get’s me the latest timestamp of the automated update script. When I deactivate the automation no update occurs (according to the timestamp).
Is it supposed to work like this or should it normally trigger a completely new update? Does this have sth to do with the webhook?

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with this addon,
I’ve added everything in configuration.yaml as described, also on restart of HA there is notification that addon is not running correctly.
obraz
obraz
I am not using mosquito if it matters.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 167, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config
File “/config/custom_components/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/init.py”, line 52, in async_setup
await mqtt.async_subscribe(topic+‘/bridge/networkmap/graphviz’, message_received)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/init.py”, line 452, in async_subscribe
encoding,
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/init.py”, line 848, in async_subscribe
await self._async_perform_subscription(topic, qos)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/init.py”, line 884, in _async_perform_subscription
_raise_on_error(result)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/init.py”, line 984, in _raise_on_error
“Error talking to MQTT: {}”.format(mqtt.error_string(result_code))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error talking to MQTT: The client is not currently connected.

Has anybody similar issue ?

I never got it to work. If you want a nice networkmap, I can recommend this add-on :

2 Likes

@Robin
Hello how do you know what each color of the map means?
What is the difference between yellow and blue?
Can the router not be of another color?

thanks