Zooz zen30

i have a zooz double switch and no matter what i do i cant get it to work im new to home assistant so please be gentle
Thanks Tim

Tim,

I am new as well. I literally just installed the switch about 2 hours ago.

I found this: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/device-specific/
Scroll about 1/2 down the page for the Zen30. I haven’t tried it yet, but I am about to give it a shot. I will let you know how it goes.

Tim,

I followed the directions here. Everything looks much better. Good luck. If you run in to any trouble, I can try and help, but I am pretty much a noob.

Still can’t get it to work

I have one. It works, but it’s not recognized correctly (I posted about this issue here, Z-wave XML config files, I have this problem with all Zooz devices in Home Assistant). But I can control it. The top switch and the bottom switch (the one that operates the fan relay) show up as completely separate devices. When I was on Hubitat they were at least shown as parent/child devices, which is how it’s supposed to be IMO.

I don’t know if you looked at the manual, but you have to triple tap the top rocker switch to put it in inclusion/exclusion mode. I needed to do this a few times to get it to work, the top LED lights will blink when you have done it right. It won’t work with HA or any other smart home platform if you can’t get that part to work.

Were you ever able to get this to work? I just tried the instructions above and got it to work. Did you shutdown home assistant before making a change to the config file?