Zooz ZEN32 Control and Track all in one

1. Can you explain what is not working as you expect? If there is nothing hooked to the relay then you should set to Local/Z-wave disabled, disable, disable, enable for the parameters.

2. The action is executed exactly as you specify. That has to be something with your input_boolean configuration. You can test it in a standalone automation to confirm.

Thank you for your super quick response.

1. Can you explain what is not working as you expect? If there is nothing hooked to the relay then you should set to Local/Z-wave disabled, disable, disable, enable for the parameters.

Somehow - and I donā€™t know how I flicked some setting and the big button is working.

1. The action is executed exactly as you specify. That has to be something with your input_boolean configuration. You can test it in a standalone automation to confirm.

I did test it in a standalone. And when I trigger toggle, it does indeed toggle between on and off.
But inside the blueprint, I think itā€™s toggling on and off on a single tap. Which means itā€™s doing nothing. At least I think so when I look at the logs. I suppose it could be my physical button is sending two scene events ā€“ but then why would a light switch work. Iā€™m befuddled.

Can you look in a trace after that button press and paste new and old state trigger data (just the button action, donā€™t need the state track)?

Travelling for a week ā€“ will try to do this when I get back :slight_smile: and thanksā€¦

I see the same behavior - input_boolean state log shows a turn on followed by a turn off within the same second, both triggered by the blueprint automation (following one scene button press). Running the action manually from the blueprint does work as expected.

Let me know what would be helpful for someone to provide to debug this. When this works, it is simply fantastic and really easy to use!

Update: I excluded and re-added the device using its pin (making it secure) and now this appears to be working again (for the moment). Kinda expecting it to stop working properly at some point (initially it seemed to work the first round)

You excluded the Zen32 or the downstream device behind the input_boolean? For the Zen32, I donā€™t see how that would change anythingā€¦

I excluded and re-added the Zen32 switch which was leveraging this blueprint automation. I also would not have expected this to behave differently following that change.

Thanks for this! I used my 32/700 on smart things for a year or two. Had to set up all kinds of weird routines to create state related LEDs.

The blueprint is working fine for device control. I do use my relay.

What isnā€™t working correctly for me is LED states. Example on button 2 I have it toggling a damper relay (Zooz Zen 17). When off itā€™s red and when on its green. Right now only the off LED state is working. Red for off and when on, the LED is off. Same for the big button, blue when in and nothing when off. No errors in log. Iā€™m on latest FW. Any idea where to begin?

@Aknorth Can you send me your automation config and trace changed variables where its not working?

Edit: UPDATE

My Zen 32 has a bad button/led. The green and yellow do not work under any circumstance. So, this isnā€™t an issue with the blueprint at all!

So, I did some more testing with other devices and the behavior was as expected. It seems to be having an issue with my Zen 17 Relay. It has two switches. Iā€™ve created helpers to have them show as valves as they trigger damper valves for hvac. In the visual config the helpers do not show up as an option to track state, but do for device trigger. Either way, I am tracking the state of the default relay but it wont change the LED when itā€™s on. In the trace, itā€™s ID is odd. Iā€™m a bit new to HA so Iā€™ll do my best to get you the requested information shortly. Thank you

Valves should be open/close in state like a cover. So it should work, if you can get me a trace I should be able to figure it out.

Zooz support has been stellar for me, so reach out to them on the unit.