Zwave dependency missing?

I installed using the hassbian image, but zwave isnt working.

I am getting the error: invalid config when i first login to HA

looking at the logs it says:
16-12-10 08:08:05 homeassistant.components.zwave: You are missing required dependency Python Open Z-Wave. Please follow instructions at: https://home-assistant.io/components/zwave/
16-12-10 08:08:05 homeassistant.bootstrap: component zwave failed to initialize

i followed the getting started guide step by step…

so…i dont get whats going on. any help would be awesome!

I’ve been running into essentially the same thing, a couple others as well. I hadn’t even discovered this log that you have, but a stock hassbian image is producing the exact same zwave bulletin issue even though I’ve followed step by step. One thing I did do was apt get update and upgrade before trying the zwave config; possibly that goofed something up.

Tonight’s project will likely be scrapping the image and trying the All In One over Jessie. I’ll try and report back with any discoveries!

post back and let me know how you do… I’m about to do the same or try the docker image. I just want this to work!

also- if you are reinstalling, try the info from Ken on this thread…seemed to help others: One-timer-installer fails on Raspberry Pi 3

Dabbled with the AIO on my RPi B+ last night with Raspbian Pixel and ran into quite a few issues.

I looked over Ken’s thread but it didn’t provide any resolve unfortunately; I’ll have to look again because it helped quite a few ppl I saw.

The AIO installer failed in the first 5 mins.

I was too tired to copy any errors. I’ll likely dive back in tonight and document better.

The changes I made before attempting the install were:

sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade
I also enabled SSH and changed the default password via front end.

I ran into issues where SSH wouldn’t work even though it was enabled; producing bad credentials errors, even though the credentials were in place; although this might be entirely related to a token authentication error it was throwing in which forced me to update passwords via ‘sudo passwd’ but I still don’t think they held.

Eventually as I was defeated with the SSH and the password riff raff, I tried the all-in-one and as mentioned above and it failed in the first 5 minutes.

I promptly went to bed.

Shall dive back in tonight/this weekend.

Not sure if you ever had any success with this, but I was able to come out with a working version involving Jessie Lite.

Here’s a link to said thread if interested.

If I’m able to assist in anyway, I’ll be sure to!

this could be the answer to this