Zwave dongle - device descriptor read/64, error -32 odroid C2

Hi, in my environment I’m running HA on a Odroid C2 with a USB wifi (from hardkernel) and an USB zwave (from zwave.me) dongles.

Everything worked perfectly in version 6.x but after upgrading to 7.0 when I connect zwave dongle system raises the following error:

[ 341.572014] usb 1-1.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32

I have flashed my device with version 7.0 and 7.1 getting in both versions the same result.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Ó

Please read #10 and try asking the question again.(NOTE: there is no version 6.x or 7.0 of Home Assistant). There are several ways of using Z-Wave. I cannot see which way you are using.

Hi, thanks a lot for you quick response…

I’m flashing my odroid-C2 using the references found at ODROID - Home Assistant

Where you can download version 7.0 and digging a little in the github repository, it looks is there available the 7.1.

https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/7.0/haos_odroid-c2-7.0.img.xz (or 7.1 if you want)

Once I have flashed my sd-card y plug my zwave dongle and then I get the error described prevously:

¿any clue?
Ó

1 Like

So you are referring to HaOS ( Home Assistant Operating system) versions, not Home Assistant versions. Sorry for being confused. They are two separate things.

Apparently this is available through the beta channel. That implies to be there could be still bugs.

If you still wish to try it I think you can download it from this page.

Hi Prodigyplace,

Well, to be honest I’m not interested in testing version 7.1. I have tried it in order to check if in the latest release available (even in beta versions) fixes the problem I’m facing. But in both versions 7.0 and 7.1 the error appeared is exactly the same.

When I plug the usb device I get the following error:

As my device does not recognize the zwave dongle (zwave.me version) I cannot manage my zwave devices (most of them) :frowning:

Thanks a lot.
Ó

To me it does not appear they worked on that issue. Sorry.

I agree…

I have posted this error in the forum in order to know if someone has experimented the same issue and can share how it has been fixed.

Any help will be welcome.
Ó

1 Like

You might want to try opening an Issue on the GitHub repo to be sure the developers see it & may assist. I do not think all developers are here on the user forum.

Hi, thanks a lot.

Created issue in github:

1 Like