ZWave issues recently

So one day all my battery powered z wave devices went to probing status and I had a difficult time getting them connected so I decided to start from scratch and remove all the zwave devices and start over. So I reset my aeotec gen5 usb controller and removed all the entities and devices from home assistant however I am now having issues getting my devices connected again and it is driving me crazy. I have 15-20 devices and I got about half working so I reset again this time I started with only about 4 which are the closest to the usb controller and I am able to see them all however after a couple of hours all of the modes become dead. I have tried this on 0.84.6 and 0.85.0. Both do the same thing. Any advice on what is going on here?

Try:

• Shutdown home assistant
  • Follow the USB controller instructions for including devices (using the built in button on the controller stick)
  • Reconnect the controller
  • Heal your network which may take some time

and then see how you go. If you can, try a visualization such as this one to help you understand the topology of your network.

Don’t try to do them all at once, and be patient when the zwave network starts up as it can take some time (minutes) for the network nodes to be found.

Ok so here is what I tried. I made a completely new docker for a separate home assistant and set up only my z-wave devices on this one. It took a couple of tries to get everything setup but I finally did (I think I am still missing one or two but I was happy with how things were looking) This seemed to be pretty stable for a day or two. Then I went back and tried to setup my original docker since I had all of my other devices setup in this docker. Not even half of the devices showed up in my old docker. All I did was stop the “new” docker and start the “old” docker. I used the same zwave stick and did not add any new nodes or change anything.

I tried to make a topology of my network

Here is the old one

Here is the new one

I am struggling to figure out why this is happening

I keep getting errors like the following for almost all my nodes.

Z-Wave node 26 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway