Zwave JS Network Key questions and issues

First I apologize for asking a question that is probably answered 7 other places. I looked for a while and could not seem to find my question.

Ok, I recently started a fresh HA install and mostly fresh zwave js install too.
HA 100% new, docker install.
Zwave JS, also docker install.

I removed most zwave devices (moved to a new home), and have begun to add new devices. All working well until I got to a new lock. Secure Inclusion woes!. Ha
I remember I need to add a network key somewhere. Last time I added a key was quite a while back.

Anyway, I went into the Zwave JS control panel on port 8091, and added keys here

But that did not seem to work. I did have a key set previously on my zwave stick, but I had removed all secure nodes earlier, so I figured I could just start with a new key.

Am I missing a step, or working the wrong place?

Thanks in advance

When adding a device securely you must factory reset the device first. Sometimes inclusion needs a stronger than normal signal because the inclusion process must be completed within 15 seconds according to the standard.

Also try using the Include button from within HA and not the Z-Wave JS Control Panel, it seems to work better for some reason. In the newest Z-Wave JS version (5.5.3) there will be an option to force S0 security inclusion, that might improve some stuff.

Depending on the lock manufacturer and type you will probably find some recent topics regarding some similar issues.

Thanks everyone. The standard process worked.

• Set Key
  • removed “bad node”
  • removed batteries from “bad node”
  • added batteries back and added securely
  • I did have to “reinterview node” afterwards

its working perfectly now

1 Like