ZWave JS to ZWaveJSMQTT

Are you crazy? There’s been tons of updates, you’re probably not looking in the correct spot. You won’t see anything on the integration. Everything has been updated via services, the configuration tab, and devices tab.

Oh, and updates? HomeSeer will give them to you - as encrypted files, which only their utilities can read. So you have to buy their management software to get your “free” bug fixes.

You are right, there has been some changes, even some noticeable and very good changes.
I’ve surely noticed that.

But the most needed changes for us to stop this above struggle, the stuff we really are missing, just stay’s in the land of a promise…

I have no idea what you’re talking about. You are definitely in the minority here. At this point, most people have migrated and gotten what they need out of ZwaveJS. If you’re referencing firmware updates, none of the previous ZWaves have been able to do this. So you really don’t have a leg to stand on with that one. It’s confirmed to be coming in the Addon in the future, you just have to wait or swap to ZwaveJS2MQTT.

1 Like

What are some of these updates? I just took a look at the add-on and integration and nothing really useful or new jumped out at me. Can we get back to OTA updates, backups, network diagnostics…

It has been a very fine discussion until now. The authoritative tone, you are using in this last comment is exactly, what we do not need now to move forward.
Yes, we know the story about volunteers, we know the story about patience, we know the story about nothing is granted. WE KNOW!

Should we just shut up now? Or are you ready to listen to us?

Not that I’m aware of. Isn’t this perhaps a bit out of character for a “moderator”?

1 Like

There is not authoritative tone… I’m stating your options.

… It was a turn of phrase. Like saying “wow, you haven’t noticed the changes”.

Why every time a mod enters the chat, I get the feeling, the discussion get ruined?

Sure, it is me… It’s all my fault.
Thanks.

Bye…

freshcoast, thanks for all your help, it will be useful.

BebeMischa, I think we have at least have a better understanding of where we’re at.

1 Like

ANYWAYS…

All this is new

Configuration via the UI and node options

Network wide capabilities

Ability to download logs (was a PITA before)

All these services. You should note the multicast services. This allows you to control several devices with 1 command. I’ve been able to turn on all the lights in my house, in unison. It’s quite slick.

Plus the new update entities will pave a built in way to update the firmware without needing a frontend dev to do the work. I’m not 100% sure this is true, but it’s a start.

Because you always have some sort of attitude with me. Read all my responses again without adding your own inflection to my posts. You’ll realize there’s no malice in them. I’m just giving information.

Plain text is a treacherous medium.

Yes I’ve seen and used some of those things - didn’t realize they were particularly new.

I edited the post with descriptions for the images

Pretty sure it’s just the ZWAVE SDK encryption, zwavejs2mqtt can send those along as well.
Al would know better.

S2 inclusion including SmartStart QR code inclusion.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s more stuff I missed. I’m still not using S2 until it supports multicast. I can’t handle going back to each light turning on slowly.

Luckily that’s on the roadmap this year. :wink:

I’m sure AL will get to it sometime, I can wait :wink: