ZWave network visualization card (for OpenZWave beta and ZWave2MQTT)

Hi abmantis,
Great thankyou for making this card; I have been trying to move my zwave-chord view to a card for a while, this helped.

In the meantime, I tweaked your code to add the node names on the graph which made it much more helpful for me.

I also changed the highlight colour, so when I select a node I can more easily see which nodes it connects to (I have around 100 nodes, so it it quite a busy display).

PS: sw_version seems to be null in my network, but otherwise it would help.

var res = regDevice ? "<b>" + regDevice.name_by_user + "</b>\n" : "";
    res += "<b>Model: </b>" + regDevice.model + "\n";
    res += "<b>Node: </b>" + device.node_id + "\n";
    // res += "<b>V: </b>" + regDevice.sw_version + "\n";
    res += (device.is_routing ? "Routing" : "Not routing") + " | ";
    res += (device.is_awake ? "Awake" : "Sleeping") + " | ";
    res += (device.is_beaming ? "Beaming" : "Not beaming") + "";
_getLQI(lqi) {
    if (lqi > 192) {
      return { color: "darkred", highlight: "green" }; //"#17ab00", highlight: "#17ab00" };
    } else if (lqi > 128) {```
1 Like

Maybe submit a PR? I’d love to see highlighted links change color, myself, much easier to notice.

1 Like

Hi Firstof9; PR added; I changed the highlight colour to yellow as it is easier to see.

EDIT: The second image you might need to zoom in on, but it shows the node’s actual name and model.

1 Like

nice that does make it easier, now if we can just make the color’s themeable that’d be even better :slight_smile:

I cannot seem to get this card working. I am using Home Assistant 0.114.4. I manually placed the JavaScript in /config/www folder, made a reference to it in the integrations / lovelace / resources as:

/local/ozw-network-visualization-card.js

Made a page in panel mode with one manual card on the page with code:

type: 'custom:ozw-network-visualization-card'

Restarted HA then cleared my browser cache. Checked to see if ozw beta is running and saw this:
2020-09-13_10-30-15

When I check the panel, I have this:
2020-09-13_10-32-29

The box is larger, but this is all the information in it.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Paul

This card is for the OZW Beta integration. I think you are using the older one (not beta).

any idea on how to add it to the sidebar?

Ah! I somehow thought I had installed the beta version!
Thanks
P

Thank you for taking the time to make this card.

Currently I have a USB z-wave dongle (zwave.me) installed and working with a single Fibaro battery powered sensor (rest of z-wave devices already associated with other hub). When I look at your map, there are no “path” lines between the hub and the z-wave device.

When I look at the MQTT config, neither the stick nor Fibaro device show “neighbors”. What did I miss/not do that I should?

Sometimes it takes some time for them to report neighbors.

Is there an MQTT command to trigger the discovery or should I just wait?

Just updated the card to also work with ZWave2MQTT. It also has some new colors, and regex search! Check the repository for all the info.

1 Like

just a heads up. Think this card will break in 2021.4. I am running the beta and any time I try to view the card/panel I get the following error:
Error handling message: expected int for dictionary value @ data['node_id']. Got None
I think it is related to https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/48140

Currently, I don’t have access to a system where I can test the card. The error doesn’t seem related with that PR. It seems that the node_id is missing.

Doesn’t the card generate the network? Maybe I am missing something but I thought the card did everything to include identifying the nodes?

The card only displays the network. The info comes from the zwave component.

Is there any way to select from multiple instances with this card? I’ve got two different OpenZWave instances running, and whenever I add the card to a dashboard, it always defaults to the smaller, less interesting instance.

That’s a great network view and one of thr things I miss from openhab.
Are there any plans to make it work with ZWave JS as well?

This is a feature built into zwavejs-ui now.

1 Like

Oh, I must have missed this as I am using “just” zwave-JS
Thank you! :smiley: