Zwave not ready after 30 seconds

Raspberry Pi 3 with Aeotec zwave USB Stick and Hass.io

I see this entries in my log after restart HA:

2017-09-21 17:08:06 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of notify is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-09-21 17:08:06 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-09-21 17:08:06 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of media_player is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-09-21 17:08:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of light is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-09-21 17:08:51 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.zwave] zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

For me the importent part is die zwave component.
what can cause this problem? I see no errors in Home Assistant usability but I have problems with other Addons. (like homebridge)

Is there anything I can do to speed auf zwave setup?

It takes time to enumerate the devices. I have over 100 z-wave devices and it can take 10 minutes for them all to report from a cold startup. It’s normal and you just need to be aware.

ok thanks.

Then I have to find a solution, so delay the homebridge startup.

Slow startup is perfectly normal, and expected (see here).

Think that this will help you:

1 Like

How can I figure out wether or not it is ready. I just see the
zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

…but when is this finished?

Use a timer for 15 minutes after startup and you will be fine. My large network of zwave takes about 10 minutes to be fully discovered - except sleeping devices.

There’s an event that you can use, here’s the start of one of my automations:

automation:
  alias: 'Z-Wave ready'
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.network_ready
1 Like