ZWave: What is going on?

I am currently not very actively working on my Home Assistant (HASS.io) setup. Routinely, I simply did an update to my setup the other day via supervisor and am now running 0.115.3. Then I noticed that my ZWave map had disappeared. Tried to google and search the forum and see that all kinds of things are going on with OZWbeta etc. I am a little lost: Did the ZWave map functionality get deprecated? Should I be moving to OZWbeta? I would much appreciate if someone could give me some insight of what is going on, perhaps what I should be reading, etc. Thanks!

What component are you using to view the z wave map?

There was a recent change to the ability to load html into the sidebar.

There are a couple of threads about this. I’m not easily able to search and copy the links into this post but you can do a search for “z wave graph without python” or “z wave network card” and it should get you close.

1 Like

Thanks, @finity, your input was really helpful. As it turned out, there was a change in 0.115 which broke the ZWaveGraph functionality. @AdamNaj kindly provided an update which now works again beautifully in the latest 0.115+ version. I actually did find that topic with search, but at first thought it had something to do with docker after glancing over NigelL’s initial post.

Regarding OZWbeta, should I be looking into that or can I just wait until whatever is going on there will hit mainstream at some point?

I’ve looked at but right now I’m just biding my time hoping for them to provide a path to more easily migrate once it gets more mature.

Obviously, ymmv.

The migration tool is coming along nicely.

1 Like