ZWAVE2MQTT add-on simple tutorial(addon is DEPRECATED)

Select “start calibration process” and hit “set config parameter” at the bottom.
Other methods are described in the manual.
https://manuals.fibaro.com/document/fgr-223-positioning-calibration/

Are you able to use cover.open or cover.close? I only get an error when I call the service. set_position is working fine.
But I’m also using the new integration which is currently available in the new HA beta.

Has anyone encountered any issued with Aeotec Multisensor 6’s? I’m banging my head against the wall with them. I have them all in Zwave2MQTT properly and properly in HA and the contacts are customized to motions. Everything was working perfectly and now the motions are not triggering events in HA for some of the units. The other sensors (temp, lux, etc) in those units are continuing to to function. Any suggestions or experience appreciated.

I had the same problem the motion was sometimes reported sometimes not. Because i have also Vera controller at home i moved the sensors to vera and they are working fine with vera integration in home assistant.

Ok, I have a Vera controller also and I have also found it works. I was hoping to migrate away from Vera as the legacy platform is becoming deprecated as they move to EZ-LO. Also, it sends the sensors as 6 devices. The Z-wave frustration is unending.

Try Play with this maybe it will change something

Parameter 5: Which command would be sent when the motion sensor triggered.

To set which command would be sent when the motion sensor is triggered.
Size: 1 Byte, Default Value: 1

Setting Description
1 Send Basic Set
2 Send Sensor Binary Report

Honestly from the devices that i use vera had much better support so i was not able to migrate completely.

I have Fibaro, Aeotec and Qubino devices and only fibaro is working better on zvave2mqtt, aeotec is ok but sometimes it dos not sync the state, qubino dimer does not work at all when you manually chage the state of the switch, and qubino relay is responding very slow, aeotec dimmer also does not report state sometimes :slight_smile: so i use zeave l2mqtt for fibaro modules and vera for the rest.

Has somebody got this working with the NodeRed addon?

I can’t seem to get information from this node.

Can someone tell me if it is better to switch from Z2MQTT > ZwaveJS2MQTT ?

If you are happy with your setup, then no need to switch. If you don’t mind tinkering a little, then the switch should be better.

2 Likes

So what you saying is ZwaveJS2MQTT is better then Zwave2MQTT but in need to some little changes to let it work, but after that its better?

Yup, for me it was an easy transition, but that’s also because I’ve been reading about it since the beginning. If you’re comfortable around HA, then it should be easy.

For example, I came from OZW, and I used to think my zwave bulbs dimmed/transitioned whenever I would turn it off/on. But after zwaveJS, the bulb responds instantly. So it was actually OZW that was causing the slow response

There is a update for Zwave2MQTT today:

:warning: This add-on is now deprecated.

The upstream project has been archived and will no longer receive updates. Therefore, there is no other solution but to deprecate the add-on as well.

Please use the Z-Wave JS to MQTT add-on instead, this add-on will be removed from the add-on store soon.

So I got my answer :slight_smile: haha

Will change and see what happen… Maybe I will get different entity_id’s but with VSC I can search for old one and replace them with new one.

Conversion went ok. Got new entity_id’s so now replace them all in all my yaml scrips… Reaction speed is faster then with Zwave2MQTT

1 Like