ZwaveJS Integration Missing Add Device Button

Due to a bad Zwave stick I recently removed the Zwave add-on and integration. After receiving a new one (Zooz S2 stick 700) and restarting, the stick shows up ready to configure. I add the ZwaveJS integration which also adds the add-on. After installation it says Failed to Start but in the add-on I see it is started but the integration is not there. I add the integration again a viola, it shows up.

Now I go to configure and there is no Add Device button. I am very experienced with ZwaveJS but have never seen where the button is missing. Has something changed or any ideas how to fix this?

zwavejs

There’s a big blue “+ ADD DEVICE” button at the bottom right of the page.

Docs were updated to mention this as well. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#how-can-i-add-include-a-new-device-to-my-z-wave-network

Also as you’re on a 700 stick, just be aware this is currently out there:

1 Like

OMG, LOL. I can’t believe I missed that.

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for this type of issue.

1 Like

You can subscribe to that issue.

The developers there have made a tool. that appears to successfully back up the network from a 700 Series stick and let you restore the network to a recent 500 Series stick. Some oder 500 Series sticks need a firmware upgrade first.

Yeah with a 700 stick it WILL bite you - but with only a few devices it might be tolerable.

For me with over 70 devices -it’s nightmarish. Stuff is dropping randomly left and right. My 500 stick arrived last night and I’m contacting the devs about the tool to backport today. :wink:

1 Like

It is in the zwavejs2mqtt Master branch but I am not sure any user has tested that one. Details are in the Issue

Oh, I know Prod, thanks. I’m VERY aware of it. Been following for a while - just had to wait to actually get my hands on a stick. I also know I’ll be like user #4 to try it. and I HATE (that word may not be strong enough) alphas. But even with the auto ping automations it’s still eating my lunch over here. So as long as the procedure is nondestructive to my 700 stick and my network, I’m game to try it.

I think the question mark was on the 500 series stick portion.

1 Like