ZwaveJS is this normal? Failed to execute controller command after 1/3 attempts. Scheduling next try in 100 ms

I was having this same issue with an aeotec z-wave stick, connected to a homeassistant VM on my proxmox cluster. I have about 25 z wave nodes, a mix of battery and wall powered devices.

In my case the source of the issue was that I’d passed through the USB via Vendor/Device ID to the proxmox VM. I switched to passing through the whole port and all of my issues were resolved.

I saw something on a similar thread that helped point me in the right direction. I just wanted to post that here in case it helps solve this issue for someone else.

1 Like

i tried this but i’m still seeing all kinds of “failed to execute” and “invalid payload” messages. passing the port through doesn’t seem to have resolved it for me.

I stopped watching at it.

And as a side effect I now don’t see it anymore

:rofl:

Interesting - I’m having this problem, but only recently after updating. My setup was working perfectly well before…yet, now it’s not. I’m passing through via Vendor/Device ID…

Did you have the same issue – i.e. it was working with Vendor/Device ID, then broke?

I just started having this happen again in January with no changes to hardware or proxmox config. I’m still passing through the full port. I was on HassOS 9.4 and 2022.1.2. I’m updating both today along with a number of other updates to see if it addresses it.

here is a screenshot of my VM. How do I go about passing the whole port, please?