ZwaveJS replacement for zwave.network_complete / zwave.network_complete_some_dead

When I was using OpenZwave 1.4, I had some automations listen for “zwave.network_complete”. How do I do that with ZwaveJS2MQTT?

For that matter, is there a way to look up all the events an integration might send? At this point I have a very noisy build so just sticking an asterix in the dev tools > listen to events section isn’t functional.

Doesn’t exist. You can check the availability of individual entities.

For that matter, is there a way to look up all the events an integration might send? At this point I have a very noisy build so just sticking an asterix in the dev tools > listen to events section isn’t functional.

They are listed in the docs.

1 Like

Minor correction. If you enable the MQTT gateway in zwavejs2mqtt, you can enable its zwave events and use MQTT with HA.

Thanks. That’s frustrating that I’d have to enable MQTT just so I can get that single event.

Is this the moment my hopes were crushed?

If you’re looking for an indication of missing / dead nodes, this thread may help.

1 Like

What are you using the event for?

I’d like to make sure all nodes have come up properly. I’ve been having a lot of power outages lately and for whatever reason, my network is coming back up with 1-4 switches dead. It’d be nice to get a network_complete_some_dead event so I can notify myself that I need to take action or maybe automate some interview spamming.

I also have a bunch of swithches (Inovelli LZW30-SN) whose firmware won’t update (unsure if this is an Inovelli issue or a ZwaveJS issue as the LZW31-SN updates just fine) so I can’t get rid of a squashed bug where switches with local control disabled ignore the power restore on/off/last setting. Getting an event that the zwave network is complete would allow me to send a switch.turn_on to them.

This is a super unexpected method. Thank you! And thank you for tacking your config at the end of that thread. It saves me a lot of flailing around in the template box trying to work out how I’ve offended the syntax gods this time.

1 Like

The associated entities of a node will be unavailable if HA is started and the nodes are already dead. They won’t become available until the node becomes alive. Looks like the example @TazUk provided makes use of that. I don’t think entities become unavailable if going dead after HA has already been started though.

Release 2021.7 will add a node status sensor entity which will reflect the current status of the node. That should simplify things slightly, but still requires examining each node individually.

Well that’s great news! A status sensor sounds pretty ideal.

You don’t, by chance, know how I could ping the nodes with dead/unknown statuses, do you? That nudge seems to be all they need to come back up.

There’s a big bright Ping button in zwavejs2mqtt for each node. Next release of HA will have a ping service call. A future release will probably have a Ping button in the HA UI as well.

Sorry. Yes. I meant service call to ping. It’d be great to automate this so when the power company does whatever switching they love to do at 3am, this can all take care of itself.

Thanks for helping me out with all this. I’m hoping for a quick implementation of a ping service call.