Zwavejs2mqtt snap package

Don’t be on edge channel, it might give me the opportunity to ruin your whole network. And if you do, don’t report any bugs.

Looks like zwave-js-ui will install itself now?
So both zwavejs2mqtt and zwave-js-ui was running at the same time, my zwave mesh didnt like that :slight_smile: i disabled zwavejsmqtt and it was running fine again, was only missing ui access via. browser so had to

sudo snap set zwave-js-ui server.host=“ip of zwave host”

after a few days of running without issues i did:

sudo snap remove --purge zwavejs2mqtt

Hi.

Z2M service was supposed to stop by itself and import and apply previous configs

However if you’ve been on the edge channel, it couldn’t be done correctly as you’ve received development updates and the files have been transferred before I had a working solution for how to work with the files and the snap configs.

On candidate and stable the files would be transferred, then automatic processes should handle setting the config, do the changes in the files and start ZUI - **except if you’re using the serial-port connection. **

I’ve tried this on 20+ devices I have running in production, and it hasn’t failed on any. However if you’ve changed the update cycle for snaps from every day, it might cause issues to.

Z2M needed updates too, to offer support for this in ZUI.

Hi. I am trying to follow steps desrcibed here, and I get to endless loop. I tried to refresh Z2M, it fails with:

• Run hook connect-plug-zui-store of snap “zwavejs2mqtt” (run hook “connect-plug-zui-store”: exit status 1)

Then I tried to switch manually. I swithced Z2M to edge and when I run resfresh it fails on this hook. No matter what I do this fricking hook fails and does not tell me why. What do I do?

This damn hook is everywhere, no matter what I do downgrade Z2M, try to refresh Z2M to latest, downgrade zwave-js-ui to edge, install zwave-js-ui to latest this hook always fail everywhere. Damn

pi@home-pi1:~ $ sudo snap switch zwave-js-ui --channel edge
“zwave-js-ui” switched to the “latest/edge” channel

pi@home-pi1:~ $ sudo snap refresh zwave-js-ui
error: cannot perform the following tasks:

• Run hook connect-plug-zui-store of snap “zwavejs2mqtt” (run hook “connect-plug-zui-store”: exit status 1)

Add:
Finally I run:

sudo snap switch zwave-js-ui --candidate
sudo snap refresh zwave-js-ui

And it succeeded. It is so confusing…

Hi,

You should never be on edge channel.

Took a bit of trial and error but I got things installed on Ubuntu - but now I get this error:
Invalid server version: Z-Wave JS Server version (1.22.1) is incompatible. Update the Z-Wave JS Server to a version that supports at least api schema 24

Doesn’t look like something I can fix… so if somehow you could have a look at this, that would be great. And FYI: I installed the version that was in snap today, so I shouldn’t be running behind - unless ofcourse I missed something.

My guess is that you are running a very reason version of HA, e.g 2023.06 that requires at least zwave-js v11.

Swap to the candidate channel;

sudo snap switch zwave-js-ui --channel=candidate
sudo snap refresh

More information on how the different channels are used in the snap package description; snap info zwave-js-ui or visit the online store listing for the package.