0.100.3 failing to update to 0.101.1

I am running Hassio on a vm, I am trying to update from the GUI clicking the update button under the hassio update available… after a long delay the UI reopens but is still running 0.100.3… any ideas?

Here is my log:

19-11-01 14:20:45 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.101.1
19-11-01 14:20:45 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.100.3 to homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.101.1
19-11-01 14:20:45 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant tag 0.101.1.
19-11-01 14:21:29 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Stop homeassistant application
19-11-01 14:22:29 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant application
19-11-01 14:22:29 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with version 0.101.1
19-11-01 14:22:34 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Home Assistant pip installation in progress
19-11-01 14:22:55 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Home Assistant pip installation done
19-11-01 14:32:56 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Don’t wait anymore of Home Assistant startup!
19-11-01 14:32:56 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] HomeAssistant update fails -> rollback!

1 Like

Hello.

Have the same setup as you and the same problem too.

Thank you for the updates! I’ll hold off until it’s rebuilt/fixed before updating, then.

I actually just fixed it:

if you can edit your config.yml comment out all mentions of “api_password” then reboot and try the update. Mine worked just now doing this. If you need “api_password” then add it like this:

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
   - type: legacy_api_password
     api_password: !secret http_password

Credit to the first posting the solution @Alex_Vorchikhin

Is there something newer to use in place of api_password? I see it’s listed as legacy and I’m wondering if I shouldn’t be using it anymore.

BTW, your suggestion to move api_password to auth_providers worked for me, as well. Thanks!

Hi
Have no mention of api_password on my config and still can’t update

I upgraded and got a bunch of timeout errors do that hass became unresponsive like hell. Rolled back to 100.3 and everything seems working fine again

After remove api_password, I had to restart, and then only update !

also facing same problems to upgrade to 0.101.3 from version 1.00.3, removed api_password, did not help.

I added addon that checks config and got this output.

[22:36:44] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[22:44:46] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[22:44:46] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==4.0.2
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of home-assistant-frontend==20191025.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiohttp_cors==0.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hbmqtt==0.9.5
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of paho-mqtt==1.4.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of RPi.GPIO==0.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of librouteros==2.3.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of construct==2.9.45
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of python-miio==0.4.6
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pyatmo==2.3.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of python-forecastio==1.4.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pychromecast==4.0.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pywebpush==1.9.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of wakeonlan==1.1.6
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of broadlink==0.12.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hikvision==0.4
ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 206, in check
    async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 140, in async_check_ha_config_file
    p_validated = component_platform_schema(p_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 205, in _run
    return self._exec(self._compiled, value, path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 285, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/scene/__init__.py", line 46, in _platform_validator
    return platform.PLATFORM_SCHEMA(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 205, in _run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 285, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 635, in validate_sequence
    cval = validate(index_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homeassistant/scene.py", line 37, in _convert_states
    if isinstance(states[entity_id], dict):
KeyError: 'light.kitchen_led'
Fatal error while loading config: 'light.kitchen_led'
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - 'light.kitchen_led'

Successful config (partial)
 General Errors: 
    - 'light.kitchen_led'

config is:

- platform: mqtt
    name: Kitchen LED
    state_topic: "stat/son-kitchenled/RESULT"
    command_topic: "cmnd/son-kitchenled/POWER"
    state_value_template: "{{ value_json.POWER }}"
    brightness_state_topic: "stat/son-kitchenled/RESULT"
    brightness_command_topic: "cmnd/son-kitchenled/Dimmer"
    brightness_scale: 100
    brightness_value_template: "{{ value_json.Dimmer }}"
    retain: false
    qos: 1
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"

I really dont see whats wrong with kitchen_led light here, as there are similar lights in the config. Or maybe there is different problem…

Commented out the light, now error changed to

General Errors:
- module ‘aiohttp’ has no attribute ‘web’

When errors jump like that, it’s most likely a syntax error in the item directly ABOVE the reported item. There’s probably an extra or missing comma, colon, brace, or bracket in the preceding item.

Check if that entity is in scene.yaml

I had a similar error, and solved removing that entity in scene.yaml

1 Like

commented out that entiy in scenes.yaml file, next time when checked it gave error about - platform error sensor.dht - requirements for dht not found. Commented out dht sensor, now it says no error found :slight_smile: Will try to upgrade then. Thanks.

edit: it did the trick, could upgrade. Thanks.