0.101: Airly, Apprise, Sinch, Solar-Log, Microsoft Teams

Hmmm. What have I done?

Maybe you have no unused entities. :smiley:

Oh dear, doesnā€™t sound good

Not that bad. I can count on two fingers how many times Iā€™ve actually used it and everything else is tickety-boo.

It used to have a huge list of unused entities as items in custom cards like fold-entity-row and others did not seem to count as ā€˜usedā€™. Maybe that has changed?

Iā€™d still expect to see a few unused entities Like my chromecast-audio media player that I donā€™t have visible in the front end but just use for automated voice announcements.

There is definitely nothing there. As even when I had a theme problem I could still use my mouse to select the text of the items on the page and it would show up. Now - zilch. Nada. Nothing.

I had to revert back to 101.1 as none of my scenes work correctly. I donā€™t even use transitions, just simple turn on and off lights. Some lights turn on others not. They should have warned us about this breaking change but there was no mention :frowning_face:

tbh, this is in the breaking changes:

Scene - Scenes have to be configured more strictly from now on. Each entity must be configured with a valid state. Furthermore, the attributes that can be used must be device state attributes. This means that they should be listed under developer-tools -> states. - ([scene docs])

I must confess this is not experienced as ā€™ ā€˜improved scene supportā€™, but rather as the oppositeā€¦ as many people have posted on already.

still, I fear we must bite the bullet and wait for the introduction of what Balloob describes as:

hope this makes it soon into HA.

Still having problems updating to 0.101.
I tried to update to 0.101.1 and got these errors:

Being the log too long itā€™s here for you to see:
https://pastebin.com/b69DfDjf

With 0.100.3 all is working goodā€¦
Please help me to trace where itā€™s something wrong !

Have you tried all of the advice given to you on the other threads where youā€™ve posted about it this?

However, just to be explicit and using a ā€œshotgunā€ approach try thisā€¦

rename your existing ā€œconfiguration.yamlā€ file to ā€œconfiguration.oldā€. restart HA. At that point HA will (shouldā€¦) recreate a default configuration.yaml file (your HA frontend will look way screwed up but donā€™t be alarmed at that).

Then update to v101.x.

if you donā€™t get any more errors then at that point just start adding back pieces of your original configuration from the configuration.old file one section/domain at a time and restarting HA after every change.

Then when HA starts getting errors again the you know that the last change was a problem. Then you can try to fix that section from there. Once itā€™s fixed then continue adding sections one at a time until they are all added back in with no errors or are fixed (there could be more than one section that is causing errors).

Ok iā€™ll try also your methodā€¦

1 Like

Looking at your log it mentions something about python 3.5, isnā€™t that deprecated now?

Yes, i see but HA tells me i am using 3.7 and have NO entry regarding 3.5

Ok, step by step i was able finally to install and run 0.101.3, but after removing all entries regarding mqtt.
Now i donā€™t have any entry about mqtt in all my configurations, but at the beginning of the restart process i still get this error regarding mqtt:

2019-11-14 11:04:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for mqtt: unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 138, in _async_setup_component
    component = integration.get_component()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 223, in get_component
    cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 50, in <module>
    from . import config_flow, discovery, server  # noqa pylint: disable=unused-import
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/server.py", line 7, in <module>
    from hbmqtt.broker import Broker, BrokerException
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hbmqtt/broker.py", line 6, in <module>
    import websockets
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/websockets/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from .client import *
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/websockets/client.py", line 12, in <module>
    from .protocol import CONNECTING, OPEN, WebSocketCommonProtocol
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/websockets/protocol.py", line 17, in <module>
    from .compatibility import asyncio_ensure_future
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/websockets/compatibility.py", line 9
    asyncio_ensure_future = asyncio.async           # Python < 3.5
                                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Why i get this if mqtt (mosquitto broker) is disabled ?
What else i can do to fix this?
BTW now HA 0.101.3 is running on my raspberry, but without mqtt.

but after removing all entries regarding mqtt.

That is not what finity told you to do. He told you to remove everything by renaming your configuration.yaml file and put bits back slowly until you find what the problem is.

Have you checked you donā€™t have MQTT listed as enabled in the Integration page?

I did it and i found the only error was about mqtt, all other configurations give me no errorā€¦

Oh, yes itā€™s still there, so i must delete it? And then try again to re-enable mqtt from the configuration.yaml?

delete, restart just to confirm, before adding anything else

Ok, i deleted it and now no more errorsā€¦ SO now i can enable again my entries regarding mqtt inside configuration.yaml?

Can you confirm this is the correct syntax to enable mqtt with the mosquitto broker?

mqtt:
  broker: 192.168.1.29
  port: 1883
  username: !secret mqtt_username
  password: !secret mqtt_password

Or may i add this directly from the integrations page of frontend?

before adding anything, confirm your MQTT broker is operational, use a tool called MQTT explorer to connect to your broker and confirm working before adding any mqtt config to HA

Yes, checked, all is workingā€¦ now which method to add mqtt is the preferred? Into configuration.yaml or from the integrations page?